Jira Software lets you reopen sprints that have been previously closed. This is a handy feature when: You’ve mistakenly completed the wrong sprint. You’ve completed the correct sprint, but you completed it too early.
How do I reopen a closed Jira issue?
In this case, you would need to copy the existing workflow, create some new status (optionally, like reopen), then create new transitions that allow you to move from this Closed status into your reopen status or some other status (like open again).
What happens when you close a sprint in Jira?
When you complete the sprint, the following actions will occur: Your completed issues will move out of Active sprints. You can move any issues not completed at the end of the sprint to one of the inactive sprints, the Backlog, or a new sprint.
Where are closed sprints in Jira?
Go to Reports > Sprint Report, and then choose the sprint from the dropdown menu.
Why can’t I close a sprint in Jira?
Cause. You don’t have the right permissions: You must have the JIRA ‘Manage Sprints’ permission for all projects which JIRA Board BoardA include.
How do I revert a status in Jira?
How to update the workflow status in Jira: Build your workflow
- Create a global transition to the ‘On Hold’ status.
- Create a transition from the ‘On Hold’ status to every other status you want to come back to.
14 мая 2019 г.
When should a Sprint be closed?
At the end of a sprint, all user stories should be closed. If you invested time in a user story, but not all its tasks and acceptance tests are completed, split the story. Remaining effort and non-passed acceptance tests are moved under a new user story, which you can assign to a future sprint.
How do I close an old sprint in Jira?
To end the active sprint:
- Click the Agile link’s down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- Click Active sprints.
- If necessary, select the sprint you want to complete from the sprint dropdown.
- Click the Complete Sprint button.
How do I rename a closed sprint in Jira?
3), you can do this a little more directly:
- Go to the Sprint Report.
- Select the sprint you want to rename.
- Click the ellipses button (…)
- Select Edit Sprint.
- Change the name to whatever you’d like, and click Save.
How do I view a sprint in Jira?
A simple way to identify Sprint ID is to:
- Go to “Search Issues” in Jira (Basic mode)
- Select your project and add the “Sprint” filter (Form “More”)
- Select the sprint of which you want to identify the Sprint ID.
- Click “Advanced” to open the JQL panel.
How do I view Sprint history in Jira?
1 answer. Go to your Board and click on “Reports” –> under Switch reports select “Sprint Report” and you see dropdown option where you can navigate to different sprints which provide complete history of active and closed sprints.
Who can close a sprint in Jira?
To complete a sprint, you must be a Jira Administrator or a user with the Manage Sprints permission.
How do I manage Sprint permissions in Jira?
To set up permissions for users who handle sprint management (also from Jira Align or Portfolio for Jira), go to “Project settings“ > “Permissions“ and modify the permission scheme by removing the “Manage Sprints“ permission from everyone, besides the users who are responsible for creating and scheduling sprints.
How do I create a sprint in Jira?
To start a sprint
- Go to the Backlog of your Scrum project.
- Find the sprint that you want to start and click Start Sprint.
- Update the Sprint name and add a Sprint goal if you want to, and select the Start date and End date for the sprint.