JIRA doesn’t allow you to lock fields. The work around is to put the field on a transition screen for a transition with a condition of a particular project role. Then put the field ONLY on the view screen. Put the transition anywhere you want to be able to change the field.
How do I make a custom field mandatory in Jira?
Making a field required or optional
- To make a field mandatory when used through Jira’s user interface, click the Required link associated with that field. The text Required appears next to the field’s name. …
- To make a field optional, click the Optional link associated with that field.
How do I create a custom view in Jira?
Define and customize views for your interactive JIRA Dashboard
- Open the configuration page of your rich filter.
- Once you are on the rich filter configuration page, click on the Views link on the left of your screen.
- Add a new view called Requester.
- In the view you have just created, add the columns: Issue Type, Key, Priority, Summary, Reporter, Status.
Can you change a custom field type in Jira?
You can’t change the field’s type (for example, making a single-select field into a multi-select field). To change a field’s type, recreate the field using the desired type. Jira allows you to define a description of a custom field.
Where can you make a custom field required?
Click on the gear icon then Setup > Object Manager. Choose the object > Fields & Relationships. Select the custom field that you will make required. Click on Edit and under General Options select Required.
How do I edit a field value in Jira?
Configure a custom field
- Select > Issues.
- Under FIELDS, click Custom fields.
- Find the custom field you want to configure, click > Contexts and default value. …
- In the configuration scheme section, select Edit Default Value.
- Enter a default value (e.g. for a custom Story Points field, set the value to 4) and click Set Default.
How do I change the view in Jira?
You can change the default global view settings if you are a Jira administrator – open the Administration | Structure | Defaults tab and click Change in the Default View Settings section.
How do I change the view of a Jira board?
If you need to see both the selected issue and the rest of your scrum or kanban board, you can choose to open the new Jira issue view as a right sidebar. To do it, go to a board and choose > Open issues in sidebar.
How do I add a field to a screen in Jira?
Adding, removing, or moving a field
- Click the Jira icon > Projects > then select the relevant project.
- Choose Settings > Screens.
- Click the > to expand the relevant screen scheme.
- Select the View issue screen.
- Add or remove the desired fields.
How do I copy values from one field to another in Jira?
- Go to Search for Issues in JIRA.
- Identify all the issues you wish to update.
- Adjust the columns to show your summary, issue key, and field with values(Due) to use.
- Click export and select a format, for this example Excel (current fields).
What does this field is required mean?
“Field is required” is a flag that has absolutely nothing to do with screens. You either need to remove the flag in the field configuration, making it optional, or you need to add the field to the screen so the user can obey the mandatory rule you’ve set. View More Comments.
How do you make fields mandatory?
Setting a field to Mandatory, forces the user to fill a value for the particular form field.
Making a Field Required
- Select the Form from the Dashboard in Edit mode.
- Select the field to be edited.
- Select Field Properties from the right pane and select the checkbox Mandatory.
- The changes made will be auto-saved.
How do I make a field mandatory in HTML?
The required attribute is a boolean attribute. When present, it specifies that an input field must be filled out before submitting the form. Note: The required attribute works with the following input types: text, search, url, tel, email, password, date pickers, number, checkbox, radio, and file.