Labels in Jira are tags or keywords that you can add to issues to show whether they possess certain characteristics. They let you classify issues more flexibly and more informally than by assigning version numbers or components. … You cannot, for instance, add labels to a dashboard.
What is the difference between component and label in Jira?
Components are defined by project admins. Labels are more open and people-focussed, across projects.
How are components used in Jira?
Components. Jira project components are generic containers for issues. Components can have Component Leads: people who are automatically assigned issues with that component. Components add some structure to projects, breaking it up into features, teams, modules, subprojects, and more.
How do I edit a label in Jira?
search for issues with your particular label. bulk edit -> select all -> edit issues -> change labels -> add to existing. Add the new label. go back to your search and bulk edit again (at this point, both the new and old labels should be present)
What are epics in Jira?
An epic is a large body of work that can be broken down into a number of smaller stories, or sometimes called “Issues” in Jira. Epics often encompass multiple teams, on multiple projects, and can even be tracked on multiple boards. Epics are almost always delivered over a set of sprints.
How do I create a new component in Jira?
- Click on Projects -> Choose the appropriate project.
- At the Project Summary Page -> Click on the Administration tab.
- On the left pane , click on Components.
- Fill in the Name , Description, and Component Lead then click on the Add button.
- Repeat Step 4 until you are done adding all the compenents.
What are the features of JIRA?
Overview of Jira Features
- Customizable workflows.
- Unlimited custom fields.
- Bugs and defect management.
- Seamless source and issue integration.
- Search and filtering.
- Advanced reporting.
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards.
- Advanced security and administration.
What is structure in Jira?
Structure for Jira is a project and portfolio management tool that’s just as indispensable for small teams as it is for large enterprises. Structure lets you create and manage hierarchical lists, called structures. A structure may contain Jira issues, folders and other types of items. … Multiple, shareable structures.
What are versions in Jira?
Versions are points-in-time for a project. They help you schedule and organize your releases. Once a version is created and issues are assigned to it, you can use the version to filter information in various reports. If you’ve integrated Jira with Bamboo, you can start a build automatically.
Can you delete labels in Jira?
To completely delete a label from a JIRA instance, the label must be first removed from all the issues in that instance. Once it is removed from all issues, it will no longer be seen when browsing a labels.
How do I add labels in Jira?
Label an attachment
- Do either of the following: Go to the page that contains the attachment and choose Go to > Attachments. …
- Choose the Edit label icon beside the list of labels and type in a new label (existing labels are suggested as you type)
- Choose Add.
How do I edit a label?
Edit and Delete Labels in Google Mail
- From the left sidebar of Google Mail, hover over the label you wish to edit and click the drop-down arrow.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Edit.” The “Edit label” window should appear.
- To change the label’s name, in the “Label name:” field, type the new name.
What is spike in Jira?
Everything is an issue in Jira. Like a story, task, spike is also an issue, whereas a spike cannot be treated as a story because it is termed as a spike because of lack of clarity. … The assignee who investigates the spike allocates the time to resolve (Not Story points).
What is backlog in Jira?
A backlog is simply a list of features, which could be for your product, service, project, etc. These features are not detailed specifications. Rather, they are usually described in form of user stories, which are short summaries of the functionality from a particular user’s perspective.
How do I manage epics in Jira?
- Go to your Scrum backlog.
- Click EPICS on the left side of the board (aligned vertically) to open it. Add a new epic. Click Create epic (you will need to hover over the ‘EPICS’ panel to show this link), enter the epic details, and create it. Update an epic’s details.