Log in as a user with JIRA Administrators permission. Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left. Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
How do I change bug status in Jira?
You can change the settings at any time.
- In Jira, click the Settings (cog) icon on the left side panel, and select Issues.
- On the Issues page, select Workflows from the left sidebar.
- Click Edit on the right side of the workflow containing the transition you want to edit.
How do I map a status in Jira?
Editing the mapping of Jira workflow statuses to columns of a board
- Go to your board, then select more ( ) > Board settings.
- Click the Columns tab.
- Change the mapping statuses, as described in the following table and screenshot (above).
How do I link a task to a bug in Jira?
If you want to modify an existing defect to be associated with a story, you must “Convert to sub-task” found in the More menu. This will prompt you to associate it with a parent story and select a sub-task type. In our case we have a sub-task type called Story Defect.
How do I resolve a bug in Jira?
Resolution Set Using a Screen
- Locate your Workflow: > Issues > Workflows.
- Click Edit under Actions for your workflow.
- Select your the Done transition and Click Edit.
- Select the Resolve Issue Screen for the Screen field. By Default, JIRA comes with a ‘Resolve Issue Screen’
Is Jira a bug tracking tool?
Whether you’re using Bitbucket or your own source code management tool, Jira Software’s deep integration with your DVCS system ensures that bugs are resolved as quickly as possible, while keeping everyone on your team on the same page the entire time. Learn more about Jira Software and Bitbucket.
How do I reopen a bug in Jira?
That said if you wish to reopen an issue you simply need to have a transition from the closed status back to To Do or whatever status you want. Be sure to have a post-function that clears the Resolution field. “The development team would like to reopen the issue rather than create a bug.”
What is a ticket in Jira?
A ticket in Jira, or any other service desk platform, is an event that must be investigated or a work item that must be addressed. In Jira Service Desk, tickets entered by customers are called requests.
How do I change my status in Confluence?
From the editor toolbar, choose Insert > Other Macros. Choose Status from the Confluence content category. Enter a status and choose a color.20 мая 2020 г.
What does backlog mean in Jira?
list of features
How do I create a dashboard in Jira?
Create your dashboard
- From your project in Jira click Dashboards and View all Dashboards.
- In the top right you can click on Create dashboard.
- Fill in the name.
- Start from a blank dashboard.
- For Shared with select Public and click Add.
- Click Create.
What is the epic list shown in an epic report?
The Epic Report shows a list of complete, incomplete, and unestimated issues in an epic. It is particularly useful in planning work for an epic that may extend over multiple sprints.
What is sub bug in Jira?
We created sub bug issue type , sub bug can be opened from story and connected to story as sub task , in this way we can see all bugs under the relevant story and we can see it in dashboard. … The purpose is to open bug from execution and it will be in story not as link issue .
What is an epic user stories and TASK?
Epic – Is simply a story, but is considered so large that it needs to be broken down into multiple stories. Story – Is essentially a requirement that is in a low enough detail that it can be estimated. Task – Developers, testers may break the story down further into tasks to allow them to estimate, develop and test it.
How do I assign a subtask in Jira?
How to create a sub-task issue type
- Select > Issues.
- Under ISSUE TYPES, select Sub-tasks.
- Click Add sub-task issue type.
- Enter a name and description to define the new sub-task issue type.
- Click Add.