What is a dependency in Jira?
When planning work for your teams, it helps to monitor the dependencies across the issues in the plan. … Dependency type, which is the relationship that is defined by the issue links configured in the plan or in Jira Software. The issue details, status, and assignee of the dependency.
How do I add another issue type in Jira?
Add a new issue type
Select > Issues. Click Issue types > Add issue type. Enter a name and description for your new issue type. Choose between a standard or sub-task issue type.
How do I add a risk in Jira?
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace.
- Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Risk Management for Jira via search.
How do I see dependencies in Jira?
To view the dependencies report of a plan:
- In your plan, click the Reports tab to display the reports section for your plan.
- Click the switch report menu > Dependencies.
What is a Jira portfolio?
Portfolio is a tool that enables teams to build plans and track progress in Jira Software. Being an add-on for Jira, it provides seamless integration with all data within the Jira system. It also provides multiple estimation methods, a visible roadmap, scenario planning, unlimited hierarchy, and reporting for any team.
What are the different issue types in Jira?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
What is an issue type in Jira?
An issue type scheme determines which issue types will be available to a project or set of projects. It also manages specifying the order in which the issue types will present in the user interface of JIRA, while creating an Issue. An issue type scheme generates as soon as the project is added in the JIRA.
What are Jira workflows?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
What is RAID item in Jira?
We have implemented the RAID template in JIRA so that Project and Risk Managers can use this template as a dynamic tool to effectively record, analyze, monitor, manage and report project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies.
How do you manage dependencies?
Here are the steps you should take to manage task dependencies effectively:
- List the Project Tasks. …
- Define Internal Dependencies. …
- Define External Dependencies. …
- Choose Dependency Types. …
- Nominate Owners. …
- Update Your Schedule. …
- When Dependencies Go Wrong. …
- Dealing with Changes.