Who can create versions in Jira?
How do I edit Jira version?
You can manage versions in your project’s settings:
- Go to your project and click Project settings ( ).
- Choose Versions from the project settings sidebar.
What is version in Jira software?
Create versions for your project
In Jira Software, each release is called a version. There are two ways to create versions in your project. Only project admins can create versions.
How do I update components in Jira?
Editing a component’s details
- On the ‘Components’ screen, open the menu in the Actions column for the component you want to edit, and select Edit.
- Edit the component’s Name, Description, Lead, and Default Assignee in the Edit component dialog.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
How do I use Jira versions?
Step 1: Create a version in Jira Software
- Navigate to your project.
- In the project menu, click on Releases.
- Select the Version name text box, enter a name, and click Add. Version names are typically numeric, for example, 1.0 or 2.1. You could also consider using an internal codename.
How do I plan a release in Jira?
To create a project release:
- In the releases view of the plan, go to the project for which you want to create a release.
- Click Create release next to the project name. …
- Give the new release a name. …
- Add a description for the new release.
- For the start date, choose from one of the following options, and then set the date:
How do I manage release versions?
The simplest thing to do is start your initial development release at 0.1. 0 and then increment the minor version for each subsequent release.
What is the latest version of JIRA software?
View all versions
- 8.7. 8.7.1. 09-Feb-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.6. 8.6.1. 08-Jan-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.5. 8.5. 9 (long term support)? 11-Oct-2020. …
- 8.4. 8.4.3. 07-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.3. 8.3.5. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.2. 8.2.6. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.1. 8.1.3. 15-Sep-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.0. 8.0.3. 09-Jul-2019. Release notes.
How do I bulk edit in Jira?
To perform a bulk change, select the issues you would like to change and then right click to select bulk change. The bulk change wizard will walk you through the change process through an easy-to-follow wizard. Super simple. Pro Tip: Keep in mind, Jira sends notifications on changes.
What is the difference between version and edition?
To give an example: over a span of one year, there were many many versions of my thesis, but there was only one edition of it (the final, published work). For one, ‘edition’ pertains to a publication of sorts in particular, whereas ‘version’ could pertain to anything from a software program to a narrated story.
What is the difference between version and release?
Normally Release is more about the “action” to distribute the software to interested candidates, while “version” is an identifier of certain snapshot of the software (mostly a meaningful snapshot). Therefore, in most case, as we need to identify certain release of the application, we will have a version assigned.
What is the difference between release and version in Jira?
In JIRA, versions are intended to indicate an actual version of your software (2.3. … However, depending on how your software is being delivered, you could also use releases in this field. For instance, our project has time-boxed releases where the content of the release is flexible but the release date is not.
How do I enable components in Jira?
- Click on Projects -> Choose the appropriate project.
- At the Project Summary Page -> Click on the Administration tab.
- On the left pane , click on Components.
- Fill in the Name , Description, and Component Lead then click on the Add button.
- Repeat Step 4 until you are done adding all the compenents.
What are issue types in Jira?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
What is components used for in Jira?
Components are subsections of a project. They are used to group issues within a project into smaller parts. You can set a default assignee for a component. This will override the project’s default assignee, for issues in that component.