How is progress calculated in Jira?
Time progress is measured by time logged on tickets and remaining estimates. When an issue is transitioned to the Done status category in Jira, it will be shown as complete (100% progress) in Advanced Roadmaps.
How do I add a description in Jira?
Enter JIRA, press the ‘g’ key twice and type ‘custom fields’.
- Click on the button ‘Add Custom Field’, on the top right corner.
- Select a text field (multi-line or single line). …
- Give it a name and, optionally, a description.
- Click on Create.
- Select the project(s) checkboxes in which you want to include your custom field.
What is structure in Jira?
Structure for Jira is a project and portfolio management tool that’s just as indispensable for small teams as it is for large enterprises. Structure lets you create and manage hierarchical lists, called structures. A structure may contain Jira issues, folders and other types of items. … Multiple, shareable structures.
What is a ticket in Jira?
A ticket in Jira, or any other service desk platform, is an event that must be investigated or a work item that must be addressed. In Jira Service Desk, tickets entered by customers are called requests.
How do I move a ticket into progress in Jira?
To do that, you move it through transitions, which are defined by the workflow. The workflow will need to have a transition from the status in the “in progress” column back to a status in the “to do” column. Then you’ll be able to move it.
How do I reopen a ticket in Jira?
That said if you wish to reopen an issue you simply need to have a transition from the closed status back to To Do or whatever status you want. Be sure to have a post-function that clears the Resolution field. “The development team would like to reopen the issue rather than create a bug.”
How do I create a custom field in Jira?
To create custom field in Jira:
- Go to Jira Administration > Issues.
- Select Custom fields from the menu in the Fields section.
- Click Add custom field.
- Depending on the type of custom fields, select: …
- Click Next.
- Configure the selection criteria for the field. …
- Click Create.
How do I create a ticket template in Jira?
- You can create new jira project, configure the custom schemes and call them as say ‘Dept A template’.
- While creating a new project, select ‘Create with shared configuration’
- And select ‘Dept A template’ project as source project and proceed with the creation.
How do I create a template in Jira?
Create a template
- Click Create at the top of the screen to open the Create issue screen.
- In the Create Issue dialog box, select the Template Repository project – the default repository is called Templates (TEMP).
- Choose Template as the Issue Type.
- Fill in the Summary and Description fields.
- Click Create.
How do I use structures in Jira?
Structure for Jira Core Features
- Insert issues into the hierarchy (from an Agile board, a JQL query, or another structure).
- Extend the structure by adding child issues. …
- Group the issues by almost any Jira field or link.
- Filter out issues using specific criteria.
How do I enable a structure in Jira?
Structure can be enabled for any selection of Jira projects, or for none of them.
To select which projects are enabled for Structure:
- Navigate to Administration | Structure | Configuration.
- Click Enable/Disable Structure in Projects.
- Select whether Structure should be available for all projects or for selected projects.
What is JQL in Jira?
JQL stands for Jira Query Language and is the most powerful and flexible way to search for your issues in Jira. JQL is for everyone: developers, testers, agile project managers, and business users.