How do I add a child issue in Jira?
2 answers. Create sub-tasks under the parent. The first one you’ll need to create from the actions menu, but once you have one, a panel will appear showing them, and that has an “add subtask” button on it. Your administrators will need to make sure you have sub-task types in the project’s issue type scheme.
How do I turn on issue linking in Jira?
A status message indicates whether issue linking is enabled.
Configuring the order of linked issues
- Choose > System.
- In General configuration, click Advanced Settings.
- Click the jira. view. issue. links. sort. order value to edit it. Separate the ‘Key’, ‘type’, ‘status’, ‘priority’ and ‘resolution’ values with commas.
How do I add issue status in Jira?
Define A New Status
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrators permission.
- Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left.
- Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
How do you add child issues to an initiative?
To add an issue to an initiative, select the Epic in the Scope panel to expand the issue details and select an initiative in drop down under the “Parent” section. To move an epic to a new parent initiative, switch the value to the other initiative in the same location.
What is the fix version?
Fix version is the version where you plan on releasing a feature or bugfix to customers. This field is used for release planning, monitoring progress and velocity, and is used widely in reporting.
What is link issue in Jira use for?
Issue linking allows you to create an association between two existing issues on either the same or different Jira servers. For example: An issue may relate to another. An issue may duplicate another.
What is blocked in Jira?
Thierry, often times people will use a “Blocked” status for something that has another obstacle before it can be fully completed. For example: Your team is attempting to build a plugin for JIRA. However, you’ve realized that your test or development servers are in use by somebody else in the company.
How do I bulk link issues in Jira?
Using Jira Cloud…
- Find the Issues you want to bulk link to another issue.
- Click Advanced query. Copy the JQL statement. ( …
- Find the issue you want to link to. Click Link, pick the Link type, then –> Search for an Issue –> Advanced.
- Paste the JQL. Click the top checkbox to select all.
What are Jira workflows?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do I add a category in Jira?
Add, assign, and delete project categories
- Choose the Jira icon > > Projects.
- Select Project categories.
- Below the list of existing project categories, enter a name and description.
- Click Add.
How do I create a workflow in Jira?
How to Create a New Workflow in Jira
- Open Jira.
- Click Issues, and then click Workflows.
- To create a new workflow, click the Add workflow button.
- Type in a name and add a workflow description. The new workflow opens and is ready to edit.
What is a Jira initiative?
Think of them as higher-level business priorities or big projects potentially spanning multiple teams. So in Jira Portfolio, you can combine the work from multiple agile teams and roll them up into larger initiatives.
What does initiative mean?
(Entry 1 of 2) 1 : an introductory step took the initiative in attempting to settle the issue. 2 : energy or aptitude displayed in initiation of action : enterprise showed great initiative. 3a : the right to initiate legislative action.
What is an epic in agile?
What is an agile epic? An epic is a large body of work that can be broken down into a number of smaller stories, or sometimes called “Issues” in Jira. Epics often encompass multiple teams, on multiple projects, and can even be tracked on multiple boards. Epics are almost always delivered over a set of sprints.