Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left. Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
How do I change the Issue status in Jira?
You can change the settings at any time.
- In Jira, click the Settings (cog) icon on the left side panel, and select Issues.
- On the Issues page, select Workflows from the left sidebar.
- Click Edit on the right side of the workflow containing the transition you want to edit.
How do I turn on issue linking in Jira?
A status message indicates whether issue linking is enabled.
Configuring the order of linked issues
- Choose > System.
- In General configuration, click Advanced Settings.
- Click the jira. view. issue. links. sort. order value to edit it. Separate the ‘Key’, ‘type’, ‘status’, ‘priority’ and ‘resolution’ values with commas.
What is a status in Jira?
A Status used for Jira Issues are the stages a particular issue, or issues, are currently at in their lifecycle – the workflow. We use Status in the Issue workflow to allow for numerous different meanings. The typical Statuses that are in a Project Management project are: To Do, In Progress and Done.
How do I reopen an issue in Jira?
That said if you wish to reopen an issue you simply need to have a transition from the closed status back to To Do or whatever status you want. Be sure to have a post-function that clears the Resolution field. “The development team would like to reopen the issue rather than create a bug.”
What is a workflow in Jira?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
Can you link projects in jira?
Choose Administration ( ) > Projects. Select the project that contains the fields you need to configure. On the Jira project configuration page, go to the Fields section. On each field where you will create links, click the Renders link.
What is blocked in Jira?
Thierry, often times people will use a “Blocked” status for something that has another obstacle before it can be fully completed. For example: Your team is attempting to build a plugin for JIRA. However, you’ve realized that your test or development servers are in use by somebody else in the company.
What are the Jira issue types?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
What are the 5 steps of workflow in Jira?
What are Jira Workflows?
- Creating an Issue, to reflect a new task. This will have a “To Do” status.
- Marking it as “in progress” once work is begun.
- Then, when the task is finished, you can mark it as being “Done”. And you’ve already gone from one end of the workflow to the other.
What is Jira tool in agile?
Jira Software is an agile project management tool that supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, kanban, or your own unique flavor. From agile boards to reports, you can plan, track, and manage all your agile software development projects from a single tool.
What JIRA is used for?
JIRA is a project management tool used for issues and bugs tracking system. It is widely used as an issue-tracking tool for all types of testing. This tutorial introduces the readers to the fundamental features, usage, and advantages of JIRA.