How do I archive a project in Jira?
To archive a project:
- Go to Administration ( ) > Projects.
- Find the project you want to archive, and select Actions ( ) > Archive. The project will be immediately hidden from view and moved to the Archived projects page.
- Re-index Jira to remove the project’s data from the index.
How do I export a project from Jira cloud?
- Go to the Jira Admin.
- On the left side, click on Issues and filters.
- On the top left of your screen, click on “Search issues”
- Chose your project, type,status.
- On the top right of your screen, click on the “Export” drop down.
- You can export via XML,CSV,RSS,WORK,…
What is archive in Jira?
By archiving an issue, you can hide it in Jira, but preserve the data it contains in case you need it later. It’s good practice to archive Done or Resolved issues, or those whose resolution due date has passed, so that they don’t clutter your Jira instance. … You can archive one or multiple issues.
How do I make a project inactive in Jira?
It’s just a matter of updating the project’s Permission Scheme to remove everything except “Browse Permission”. Create a Permission Scheme called “Read Only Permission Scheme” and apply it to inactive projects since JIRA does not have a default feature like this.
How do I see archived projects in jira?
Read more about the administer Jira global permission or project permissions. To archive a project: Choose Projects > View all projects.
As Jira admins, you can access the archive and:
- View when a project was archived.
- View the user who archived a project.
- Restore a project that was archived.
How do I export a project in Jira?
In the menu on the left, in the PROJECT CONFIGURATOR section, click Export projects. Select the projects that you want to export from the dropdown menu. Select Complete project below the list of projects, and click Export options.
How do I move a project from one Jira cloud to another?
If the target site has no existing data (clean new site)
- Prepare a full export of your backup with attachments using the Jira Backup Manager as per Exporting issues.
- Import the backup generated above to your new cloud site as per Importing issues.
- Delete any unwanted projects.
Can you export attachments from Jira?
JIRA can only export your search results from the Issue Navigator to Microsoft Excel without the screenshot and attachment. This can be a useful way to format data and create your own customised reports, graphs and charts.
How do I move a project in Jira?
Migrating between different Jira versions
- Upgrade the source instance.
- Migrate by using a staging server, following these steps: Clone the target instance to a staging server. Take an XML backup of the source instance. Restore the backup on the staging server.
Can you archive Jira tickets?
Issue archiving is available in Jira Software Data Center 8.4 and Jira Service Desk 4.4, and you can read more about what’s new in the Jira Software 8.4 release notes or Jira Service Desk 4.4 release notes before upgrading.
Can I delete an issue in Jira?
2 answers. Yes, check the permission scheme in the project. You’ll find there’s a line that allows you to delete. Grant someone you trust that permission and they’ll be able to delete from the project.
What is Project archive?
A project archive refers to the systematic storing of project artifacts (e.g., project charter, working documents, models, deliverables, etc.) at the close of a project. … This checklist helps you with the ins and outs of archiving your project for posterity.
How do you close a board in Jira?
- Select Boards from the top menu.
- Click View All Boards.
- Click on the “…” at the right of the board you want to delete.
- I see Board Settings, Move, Copy, Delete.