Go to your project and click Project settings. Click Fields. Click Actions > Use a different scheme. Select the scheme you want to associate with this project.
How do I create a new field configuration in Jira?
To configure the layout of the new Jira issue view—which fields appear and the order they appear in—open an issue and choose Configure at the bottom-right. To find out more about configuring the issue layout, check out Configure field layout in the issue view.
How do I change the default field configuration in Jira?
How to edit a field description
- Select > Issues.
- In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
- Click Configure next to the field configuration you wish to edit.
- Click Edit next to the field you want to update.
- Enter a new description and click Update.
What is field configuration scheme in Jira?
A field configuration scheme maps field configurations to issue types in a project. You can use the same scheme in multiple projects. This means that you can define different field configurations for each issue type in a project.
How do I change the order of fields in Jira?
Go to admin, then screens -> target the screen you want to re-arrange its field and click configuration in the option list on the right side. just drag and drop the fields the way you want. Only custom field can be re-arranged.
How do I make a field not required in Jira?
Making a field required or optional
- To make a field mandatory when used through Jira’s user interface, click the Required link associated with that field. The text Required appears next to the field’s name. …
- To make a field optional, click the Optional link associated with that field.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do I edit a ticket in Jira?
To edit an existing issue, select Edit to open the Edit Issue dialog and modify the issue details. To change the fields you need to edit, select Configure Fields > Custom and choose the fields you want to show or hide. Select Update to save your changes.
How do I edit a field value in Jira?
Configure a custom field
- Select > Issues.
- Under FIELDS, click Custom fields.
- Find the custom field you want to configure, click > Contexts and default value. …
- In the configuration scheme section, select Edit Default Value.
- Enter a default value (e.g. for a custom Story Points field, set the value to 4) and click Set Default.
How do I configure Jira?
How to enable Jira Software features
- Choose > Products.
- In the Jira Software section, click Jira Software configuration.
- Click the checkboxes for the features you want to enable.
What is field configuration?
A field configuration lets you define the behavior of all issue fields, including custom fields, that are available in your Jira applications. For each field, a field configuration lets you set: The description that appears under the field when an issue is edited. Whether the field is hidden or visible.
What is screen scheme in Jira?
What is a ‘screen scheme’? A ‘screen scheme’ allows you to choose which screen will be shown to a Jira user when they perform a particular issue operation. There are three issue operations for which you can choose a screen: Create issue — the screen that is shown when an issue is being created.
What is a screen in Jira?
Screens group all available fields (or a subset of all available fields) defined in Jira applications, and organize them for presentation to a user. … For example, on the Create Issue dialog box, users will only see issue fields that: are present on the screen associated with the issue’s Create Issue issue operation.29 мая 2018 г.