How do I change the issue view in Jira?
Adding, removing, or moving a field
- Click the Jira icon > Projects > then select the relevant project.
- Choose Settings > Screens.
- Click the > to expand the relevant screen scheme.
- Select the View issue screen.
- Add or remove the desired fields.
How do I change the layout of a Jira card?
- Click the Jira icon ( , , , or ) > Projects > then select the relevant project.
- Go to your Scrum backlog, Active sprints, Kanban backlog (if enabled), or Kanban board.
- Go to ••• > Board settings and click Card layout.
- Add or delete fields as desired.
What is the issue detail view in Jira?
The issue view is displayed in a number of different locations in Jira. When your app extends the Jira issue view, it’ll appear consistently across the board, backlog, issue navigator, full-page, and any new issue view locations we build in the future.
How do I change field settings in Jira?
How to edit a field description
- Select > Issues.
- In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
- Click Configure next to the field configuration you wish to edit.
- Click Edit next to the field you want to update.
- Enter a new description and click Update.
What are the five steps of workflow in Jira?
What are Jira Workflows?
- Creating an Issue, to reflect a new task. This will have a “To Do” status.
- Marking it as “in progress” once work is begun.
- Then, when the task is finished, you can mark it as being “Done”. And you’ve already gone from one end of the workflow to the other.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
What are the dots in Jira?
If you are running a JIRA Kanban board and you see these small grey dots at the bottom of the card and wondered what they are for, they indicate how long the issue has been in that particular column.
What are cards in Jira?
Jira Cards allow you to work with Jira issues right on the Miro boards. Go ahead and make them a part of collaborative retrospectives, story sizing, backlog prioritization, story mapping and other team activities.
How do I add more columns in Jira?
If your board is using Simplified Workflow:
- Go to your board, then select more ( ) > Board settings.
- Click the Columns tab.
- Click the Add status button. NOTE: The Add Status button is only available if you have the Jira ‘Project Administrator’ permission for this board’s project.
How do I see all issues in Jira?
Open the project issue navigator
- Choose Projects and select a starred or recent project, or choose View all projects and select a project.
- From your project’s sidebar, select Issues and filters.
- Select an issue filter, like All issues to view all issues in the project.
- Select an issue from the list to open it.
How do I create a custom field in Jira?
To create custom field in Jira:
- Go to Jira Administration > Issues.
- Select Custom fields from the menu in the Fields section.
- Click Add custom field.
- Depending on the type of custom fields, select: …
- Click Next.
- Configure the selection criteria for the field. …
- Click Create.
How do I create a custom view in Jira?
Define and customize views for your interactive JIRA Dashboard
- Open the configuration page of your rich filter.
- Once you are on the rich filter configuration page, click on the Views link on the left of your screen.
- Add a new view called Requester.
- In the view you have just created, add the columns: Issue Type, Key, Priority, Summary, Reporter, Status.
How do you associate field configuration with a project?
How to associate a field configuration scheme with a project
- Go to your project and click Project settings.
- Click Fields.
- Click Actions > Use a different scheme.
- Select the scheme you want to associate with this project.
- Click Associate.