There is no REST resource that returns ONLY the count, but you can use /rest/api/2/search? jql=YOUR_JQL_QUERY and then look at the result object. It will contain an attribute “total” which is the count you want.
What is a query in Jira?
Queries are a series of simple elements strung together to form a more complex question. A query has three basic parts: fields, operators, and values. Field – Fields are different types of information in the system. Jira fields include priority, fixVersion, issue type, etc.
How do I run a query in Jira?
- Choose Filters in the navigation bar.
- Select Advanced issue search. If basic search is shown instead of advanced search, click Advanced (next to the icon). …
- Enter your JQL query. As you type, Jira will offer a list of “auto-complete” suggestions based on the context of your query. …
- Press Enter or click to run your query.
How do I create a filter query in Jira?
Creating Filters in Jira
In order to create a filter, go to Issues > Search for Issues to define your search. Make sure to execute it to confirm that the syntax is correct. Finally, click Save as and choose a name for your new filter. That’s all there is to it!
How do I see activity in Jira?
This is really frustrating!!
- Click on the Jira icon at the top left.
- Click on Dashboards. The Default Dashboard is where you’re likely going to land.
- Assuming the Default Dashboard hasn’t changed, there is an “Activity Stream” gadget on that dashboard. …
- This will show you work logs, issue transitions, comments, etc.
What does != Mean in Jira?
DOES NOT MATCH
How do I create a role in Jira?
Adding a project role
- Choose > System.
- Under SECURITY, select Project roles. The Project Role Browser displays, which contains a list of all the project roles in your Jira site.
- Under Add Project Role at the bottom of the page, enter your desired role’s name and a description.
- Click the Add Project Role button.
What is the Fixversion in Jira?
Although it can be useful for tracking problems, it isn’t used very often in Jira. Fix version is the version where you plan on releasing a feature or bugfix to customers. This field is used for release planning, monitoring progress and velocity, and is used widely in reporting. This is most likely the field you want.
What are the three types of reports in Jira?
We can generate following reports in JIRA:
- 1) Average Age Report: It shows that how many issues are pending or unsolved. …
- 2) Issue Created vs. Resolved Issues Report: …
- 3) Pie chart Report: …
- 4) Project Pivot Report: …
- 5) Recently Created issue Report:
What is workflow in Jira?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
What is a filter in Jira?
A filter is a saved issue search. Jira users can search for issues using different criteria in basic or advanced search, and then save their results as a filter, becoming the filter’s owner. … If the filter is private, only the owner and Jira admin can view and modify it.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
How do I create a quick filter in Jira?
You can create additional Quick Filters or edit existing Quick Filters. Any additional Quick Filters that you create will appear as buttons next to the ‘Only My Issues’ and ‘Recently Updated’ buttons on the board. Go to the desired board, then click Board > Configure. Click the Quick Filters tab.
What is activity stream in Jira?
An activity stream is a list of events, displayed to a user in an attractive and interactive interface. They are usually recent activities by the current user and other people using the same social site(s) or system(s). An example is the Activity Stream gadget used on JIRA dashboards.
Which of the following is used to create sprints in Jira?
Go to the backlog of your Scrum project. You will see the Create sprint button at the top of your backlog. Click on it, and you will be transported to the screen for creating a new sprint. Remember that you can create more than one sprint at the same time.
Which of the following is used to display the matching issues for a project or filter as a pie chart?
Workload Pie Chart*
Displays the matching issues for a project or filter as a pie chart.