How do I create a bug summary report in Jira?
First, build a JQL filter to collect the bugs you want to report on. Save the filter and make sure to share it with your boss. Next, on a (new or existing) JIRA Dashboard, add a two dimensional filter statistics gadget.
What is the first step to report a bug using JIRA?
What is a Good Step-by-Step Jira Workflow to Handle Bugs?
- Step 1: Reporting Bugs. …
- Step 2: Assigning and Prioritizing Bugs. …
- Step 3: Assigning the Issue – and Establishing the Root Cause of the Bug. …
- Step 4: Impact Assessment. …
- Step 5: Test Coverage. …
- Step 6: Resolving Issues. …
- Step 7: Reopening Issues.
How do you create a bug report?
Capture a bug report from a device
- Be sure you have Developer Options enabled.
- In Developer options, tap Take bug report.
- Select the type of bug report you want and tap Report. After a moment you get a notification that the bug report is ready (see figure 2).
- To share the bug report, tap the notification.
What is a bug in Jira?
Issue types are a JIRA concept and are the underlying objects for request types. Keep track of different types of issues, such as bugs or tasks. Each issue type can be configured differently. Bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of the product.
How do I resolve a bug in Jira?
Resolution Set Using a Screen
- Locate your Workflow: > Issues > Workflows.
- Click Edit under Actions for your workflow.
- Select your the Done transition and Click Edit.
- Select the Resolve Issue Screen for the Screen field. By Default, JIRA comes with a ‘Resolve Issue Screen’
How do I save a report in Jira?
Currently, it’s not possible to save the reports after it’s generated. You can only take a screenshot if you need to share it, but anyone that needs to see the report will have to generate a new one.
What are the three types of reports in Jira?
Types of Reports in Jira
- Time tracking reports.
- Scrum project reports.
- Kanban project reports.
- Pie Chart Reports.
- Created vs. resolved issue reports.
- Version workload reports.
- Version time tracking reports.
What is the bug workflow?
Bug reporting can be defined as the workflow used by quality assurance personnel and developers to keep track of software problems and resolutions. The result of the bug reporting workflow are so-called bug reports.
What is defect status in Jira?
During the time of the testing phase, the bug or defect is identified by the tester and it is logged in to the bug tracking tool such as Jira, Bugzilla, etc. The bug which is detected by the tester will be posted for the first time in a bug tracking tool. This status is assigned as a New status.
What is the most important component of a bug report?
The description should explain exactly the steps to take to reproduce the defect, along with what the expected results were and what the outcome of the test step was. The report should say at what step the failure was observed.
What should a bug report include?
Top Seven List of Items Included in an Ideal Bug Report
- [Feature Name] Title.
- Steps to reproduce.
- Expected Result.
- Actual Result.
- Visual Proof (screenshots, videos, text)
How do you write a good title for a bug?
A Bug title is read more often than any other part of the bug report. It should say all about what comes in the bug. The Bug title should be suggestive enough that the reader can understand it. A clear bug title makes it easy to understand and the reader can know if the bug has been reported earlier or has been fixed.