How do I create a new field configuration in Jira?
To configure the layout of the new Jira issue view—which fields appear and the order they appear in—open an issue and choose Configure at the bottom-right. To find out more about configuring the issue layout, check out Configure field layout in the issue view.
What is field configuration in Jira?
A field configuration lets you define the behavior of all issue fields, including custom fields, that are available in your Jira applications. For each field, a field configuration lets you set: The description that appears under the field when an issue is edited.
How do I change the default field configuration in Jira?
How to edit a field description
- Select > Issues.
- In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
- Click Configure next to the field configuration you wish to edit.
- Click Edit next to the field you want to update.
- Enter a new description and click Update.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do I make a field not required in Jira?
Making a field required or optional
- To make a field mandatory when used through Jira’s user interface, click the Required link associated with that field. The text Required appears next to the field’s name. …
- To make a field optional, click the Optional link associated with that field.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
What are the fields in Jira?
Fields: fields track attributes surrounding each issue type. Bugs usually have fields like summary, description, fix version, and component to describe the area of software where the bug surfaces.
How do I add a value to a field in Jira?
To add a new custom field, type a custom field name in the Add Value field, and click Add. Note that these options are case insensitive, so when using a select or multi-select list for a notification scheme, JIRA-ADMINISTRATORS will match the jira-administrators group.
How do I edit a ticket in Jira?
To edit an existing issue, select Edit to open the Edit Issue dialog and modify the issue details. To change the fields you need to edit, select Configure Fields > Custom and choose the fields you want to show or hide. Select Update to save your changes.
How do I configure Jira?
How to enable Jira Software features
- Choose > Products.
- In the Jira Software section, click Jira Software configuration.
- Click the checkboxes for the features you want to enable.
How do I create a screen in Jira?
How to create a Screen in JIRA:
- Navigate to the Issues Administration page and select Screens from the left sidebar.
- “Add Screen”
- Name your Screen and write a description – The name should be descriptive and say exactly what this Screen is intended for, e.g. “Create Support Issue Screen” or “Edit Bug Issue Screen”.
What are the 5 steps of workflow in Jira?
What are Jira Workflows?
- Creating an Issue, to reflect a new task. This will have a “To Do” status.
- Marking it as “in progress” once work is begun.
- Then, when the task is finished, you can mark it as being “Done”. And you’ve already gone from one end of the workflow to the other.
Is Jira a workflow tool?
Plan, track, and release great software with workflows designed to fit every initiative or project. Start with a template, or create a custom one and get your team working more efficiently and transparently.
What is the default JIRA workflow?
Workflow schemes are associated with a project and make it possible to use a different workflow for every combination of project and issue type. By default, projects use Jira’s system workflow. The default workflow scheme: Associates Jira’s system workflow Jira with all issue types (available to the Jira project).29 мая 2018 г.