What is issue linking in Jira?
Issue linking allows you to create an association between two existing issues on either the same or different Jira servers. For example: An issue may relate to another. An issue may duplicate another.
How do I find linked issues in Jira?
If you want to get the list of issues linked to a specific issue with a specific link type, use the built in JQL function linkedIssues(issueKey, linkType).
- Administration ( ) > Issues.
- Under Issue Features section, choose Issue Linking.
- Use the Name column to get the Link Type.
How do I create dependencies in Jira?
To add a dependency to an issue:
- In your plan, hover the issue for which you want to add a dependency. …
- Click the add icon where you want to add the dependency.
- Choose the dependent issue that you want to link to the issue.
- Click the check icon. …
- Save the changes by doing the following:
What is blocked in Jira?
Thierry, often times people will use a “Blocked” status for something that has another obstacle before it can be fully completed. For example: Your team is attempting to build a plugin for JIRA. However, you’ve realized that your test or development servers are in use by somebody else in the company.
Can you choose the correct one linking issue in Jira?
To an issue in the same Jira site
Open the issue that you want to link to. Choose the type of issue link (for example, “this issue is blocked by…”). Specify the issue(s) you want to link to by either: typing the full issue key (ABC-123, for example)
How do I export linked issues in Jira?
When exporting JIRA search results to csv linked issues column does not appear
- Navigate to Search issues.
- Add column “Linked Issues”
- Search for something (that results in Linked Issues in some of the results)
- Export to csv with “current fields”. …
- Export to HTML report “current fields”.
How do I run a JQL query in Jira?
To try out JQL in your JIRA instance, you can:
- Click Issues > Search for issue.
- Click Edit (If you have a search in progress)
- Click Advanced Searching.
How do you delete a linked issue in Jira?
You can remove/delete the linked issues from an issue. Go to an issue that contains links, and locate the Issue Links section. Hover your mouse over the link you wish to delete, and click the Delete (trashcan) icon that appears.
Does Jira have a Gantt chart?
There is no Gantt view in Jira Software out of the box. The Gantt chart view is possible via use of a third party add-on and there are several to select from in the Atlassian Marketplace: BigGantt: BigGantt allows you to create, schedule and analyze your tasks using beautiful Gantt charts.
What is a Jira portfolio?
Portfolio is a tool that enables teams to build plans and track progress in Jira Software. Being an add-on for Jira, it provides seamless integration with all data within the Jira system. It also provides multiple estimation methods, a visible roadmap, scenario planning, unlimited hierarchy, and reporting for any team.
What does blocked mean in agile?
In Agile, anything that stops or slows down the delivery of a product, or acts as a hurdle for the product can be termed as a blocker, impediment or Kanban blocked.
How do I mark a user blocked in Jira?
- JIRA Administrator > Issues.
- Locate the Priorities Tab (its under Issue Attributes)
- Under Add New Priotiy fill out the information (Name, Description, Icon URL and Priority Color)
- Here is what I used. Name – Block. …
- Now you have created a new priorty type that will show users it is blocked.
How do I flag a ticket in Jira?
Flag an issue
- Go to your board or backlog.
- Select an issue and click > Add flag.