How do I create a bulk issue in Jira?
Before you begin: If your Jira installation has existing data, you should back it up.
- Select Issues > Import Issues from CSV to open the Bulk Create Setup page. …
- On the Setup page, select your CSV Source File. …
- Click the Next button to proceed to the Settings step of the CSV file import wizard.
How do I add another issue type in Jira?
Add a new issue type
Select > Issues. Click Issue types > Add issue type. Enter a name and description for your new issue type. Choose between a standard or sub-task issue type.
How do I stop multiple issues in Jira?
To stop watching multiple issues:
- Select Stop Watching Issues and click Next.
- Review your bulk changes and click Confirm.
How do I add multiple labels to an issue in Jira?
You can add multiple labels by typing them in, separated by spaces. This also means your labels cannot contain spaces. In order to create multiple-word labels, you should use hyphens or underscores.
Can you import issues into Jira?
Choose to import all issues into one (new or existing) Jira project or into multiple Jira projects. To complete this step, fill in the following: Import to Jira Project – You can choose Select a project if importing all issues into a single Jira project.
What does clone mean in Jira?
Advertisements. Cloning means to copy. To clone an issue means to create a duplicate issue within the same project. A cloned issue can be treated as a new issue and edited like other issues.
What are the issue types in Jira?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
What are Jira workflows?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do I find the issue ID in Jira?
Here is how you can find the ID of an issue type:
- In JIRA, navigate to Administration > Issues > Issue Types page.
- On that page, hover your mouse cursor over the Edit operation link of an issue type.
How do I mass delete an issue in Jira?
Delete multiple issues
- Perform a search with the required filters to produce a list of issues.
- Select Tools > Bulk Change.
- Select the issues you’d like to perform the bulk operation on, and select Next.
- Select Delete Issues, and select Next.
- If available, decide whether you’d like to send email notifications.
How do I stop watching issues in Jira?
How to stop watching an issue in Jira. To stop watching a Jira issue, just go to the same page and click “Stop watching this issue”.
What type of tool is Jira?
Jira Software is an agile project management tool that supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, kanban, or your own unique flavor. From agile boards to reports, you can plan, track, and manage all your agile software development projects from a single tool.
What are the five steps of workflow in Jira?
There are four basic building blocks for a Jira workflow – statuses, transitions, assignees, and resolutions. This answers the question of who is doing what, where they’re doing it and what needs to happen next.
How do I add labels in Jira?
Label an attachment
- Do either of the following: Go to the page that contains the attachment and choose Go to > Attachments. …
- Choose the Edit label icon beside the list of labels and type in a new label (existing labels are suggested as you type)
- Choose Add.
What information is hold by a clone issue in Jira?
Cloning an issue
The cloned issue contains most of the same details stored in the original issue — e.g. Summary, Affects Versions, Components, etc. Other details are not cloned — e.g. Work Log, Comments, Issue history, and Links to Confluence pages.