How do I create a subtask in bulk in Jira?
To add subtasks to existing stories, this is all you need to do (Paraphrasing from above):
- Add a column to your sub-task CSV file that contains the Issue Key of the parent (e.g. TEST-422)
- Leave the Issue ID column blank.
- Map the ‘Parent ID’ column you created to ‘Issue Key’ in the import template.
- Do your import.
How do I use subtasks in Jira?
Convert an issue to a subtask
- Open the issue and click on the issue type icon at the top-left of the issue.
- Select Subtask from the list of available issue types.
- Select the parent issue for the new subtask.
How do I create a custom checklist in Jira?
To add a new Checklist, perform the following steps:
- In the Administration menu, go to Issues and click Custom fields.
- Click Add Custom Field. …
- Select the Checklist field and click Next. …
- Specify the name and description for the Checklist.
What is parent ID in Jira?
Parent-ID – again, a JIRA issue id, but one that is intended to be the parent. Data – some other field with data in it.
How do I import tasks in Jira?
Before you begin, please back up your Jira data.
- Log in to Jira as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission.
- Select Administration > System > Import & Export > External System Import.
- Select CSV to open the CSV File import page.
- On the CSV File import page, select your CSV Source File.
What is the difference between subtasks and tasks?
A subtask is by definition the child of a task and do not need to be followed by PM. Tasks linked to stories are most often sections of stories or different stages of implementations. So what we need to is a flexible 4-level hierarchisation. Epic-Story-task-subtask.
What is average age report in Jira?
Report: Average Age Report
Shows the average age of unresolved issues for a project or filter. This helps you see whether your backlog is being kept up to date.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do I create a list in Jira?
- On the side menu in Jira click on Dashboards.
- Create a New Dashboard (Layout = full screen).
- Add a Gadget called Activity Stream.
- Name the activity.
- Add a Global Filter. Here you can filter by Project IS.
- Select the project/s and click the + button.
- Add another Global Filter. …
- Add a username.
How do I add a DoD in Jira?
From the Custom Field page, find the DoD applicable to Technical Tasks and from its Action Menu (Cog icon), select “Configure”. This will bring you to the custom field configuration page. From there, click on the “Edit Options” link. In the Options page, enter all the DoD items that are applicable for Technical Tasks.
How do I create a task list in Jira?
To create a task:
- In the editor, choose the Task list button or use the keyboard shortcut [ ]
- Start typing your task – @mention someone to assign the task to them, and type // and choose a due date.