From the Objective Actions grid, click the Add Action button; the New Add / Edit Actions panel displays. Enter a name for the action item in the Action Name field. Enter a description or notes for the action item in the Notes field. Select an owner for the action item via the Owner drop-down menu.
How do I create a task in Jira?
Creating a sub-task
- Navigate to the issue you would like to be the parent issue of the sub-task you are about to create.
- Select More > Create Sub-Task. You will see the Create sub-task screen.
- Fill in the details as needed, and then click Create at the bottom of the page.
How do I create a new status in Jira?
Define A New Status
Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left. Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
Can you create custom reports in Jira?
You can use eazyBI reports and charts plugin for JIRA to build custom reports from both standard JIRA fields as well as custom fields. … It lets you visually design your report in Microsoft Word, and fill in the data you need from JIRA using simple to set up point and click rules.
Is Jira good for project management?
JIRA is one of the most popular project management tools on the market. And though it was originally designed as an agile methodology tool for software developers, people who do all kinds of work use JIRA today.15 мая 2019 г.
What is a task in Jira?
A task represents work that needs to be done. By default, software projects come with one child issue type: Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. Subtasks issues can be used to break down any of your standard issues in Jira (bugs, stories or tasks).
How do I add a category in Jira?
Add, assign, and delete project categories
- Choose the Jira icon > > Projects.
- Select Project categories.
- Below the list of existing project categories, enter a name and description.
- Click Add.
How do I change the workflow status in Jira?
To update the existing project workflow:
- Choose Projects and select a starred or recent project, or choose View all projects and select a project.
- From your project’s sidebar, select Project settings ( ) > Workflows.
- Click the edit pencil to the right of the workflow.
- Do either or both of the following:
How do I create a custom gadget in Jira?
Go to the dashboard by selecting the Dashboards link in the header. If you don’t already have a dashboard, select Manage Dashboards from the dropdown, then Create new dashboard. Once your dashboard is created, on the dashboard, select Add Gadget. Use the gadget wizard to choose the gadgets you want to add.
How do I create a custom chart in Jira?
To add a Jira chart to your page:
- In the editor choose Insert > Other macros > Jira Chart.
- Choose the type of report you want to create (for example Pie, Created vs Resolved)
- Select your Jira server. …
- Search for issues – you can enter the query in JQL or paste a Jira URL directly into the search field.
How do I create a test report in Jira?
Test Execution Report
- Click on Projects in main bar in Jira and select project from list.
- Click on Test Reports on left side menu.
- Choose the Test Execution Report.
Does Jira have a Gantt chart?
There is no Gantt view in Jira Software out of the box. The Gantt chart view is possible via use of a third party add-on and there are several to select from in the Atlassian Marketplace: BigGantt: BigGantt allows you to create, schedule and analyze your tasks using beautiful Gantt charts.
Is Jira free tool?
We offer a Free plan for Jira Software for up to 10 users, 2GB of storage, and Community Support. If you’d like to add more than 10 users or get access to more support and storage, you can sign up for a 7-day free trial of our Standard or Premium plan. … You can add and remove users as your team changes.
What kind of tool is Jira?
agile project management tool