Creating an issue using the Jira REST API is as simple as making a POST with a JSON document. To create an issue, you will need to know certain key metadata, like the ID of the project that the issue will be created in, or the ID of the issue type.
How do I create a JIRA issue with REST API?
Creating a Jira Cloud issue in a single REST Call
- Step 1: Get your API token. To be able to call the REST API endpoint you’ll need to authenticate yourself, one way to do this is through using Basic Auth with an API token. …
- Step 2: Build your call. We’ll be creating a simple curl command to call our REST API endpoint. …
- Step 3: Create your issue.
How do I add a issue type in Jira?
Creating an issue type
- Choose Administration ( ) > Issues.
- Select Issue Types to view all issue types used by your Jira applications.
- Select Add Issue Type and enter the following details: Name — enter a short phrase that best describes your new issue type. …
- Select Add to create your new issue type.
29 мая 2018 г.
What is JIRA REST API?
The Jira REST API enables you to interact with Jira programmatically. Use this API to build apps, script interactions with Jira, or develop any other type of integration. This page documents the REST resources available in Jira Cloud, including the HTTP response codes and example requests and responses.
How do I pull data from Jira?
Below are the steps I used in detail:
- Login to jira.mycompany.com.
- Selected Export dropdown menu.
- Right-clicked on the CSV (Current fields) option and select Inspect.
- Open Excel Workbook.
- Select the Data tab.
- Select Get Data -> From Web.
- Pasted the CSV URL in the Web Address box (Basic selected), clicked OK.
How does REST API work?
REST determines how the API looks like. It stands for “Representational State Transfer”. It is a set of rules that developers follow when they create their API. One of these rules states that you should be able to get a piece of data (called a resource) when you link to a specific URL.
How do I update a REST API in Jira?
The simple way to update an issue is to do a GET, update the values inside “fields”, and then PUT back.
- If you PUT back exactly what you GOT, then you are also sending “names”, “self”, “key”, etc. …
- You do not need to send all the fields inside “fields”. …
- Some fields cannot be updated this way (for example, comments).
What are issues in Jira?
In Jira, teams use issues to track individual pieces of work that must be completed. Depending on how your team uses Jira, an issue could represent a project task, a helpdesk ticket, a leave request form, etc. In Jira Software, issues typically represent things like big features, user requirements, and software bugs.
What are the Jira issue types?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
How do I create a custom form in Jira?
Request forms in JIRA Service Desk are set up as Request Types. Go to the project settings of your Service Desk project and select Request Types. Over there, you can associate a new Request Type with an underlying issue type, select an icon, title and description for your form, configure fields and so on.
How do I access the REST API browser in Jira?
The Atlassian application (JIRA, Confluence, or any of the others) will be installed with the REST API Browser plugin enabled. Log in to the application as an administrator and navigate to the administration console. Click REST API Browser from the navigation menu (it’s with the ADVANCED or ADD-ONS links).
How do I enable REST API?
- Choose Administration > Security: REST API Access to display the REST API Access page.
- Under REST API Access Settings, select the Enable REST API Access check box.
- Click Apply to apply your changes to the running configuration.
- Click Save to Disk to save your settings permanently.
What is JQL in Jira?
JQL stands for Jira Query Language and is the most powerful and flexible way to search for your issues in Jira. JQL is for everyone: developers, testers, agile project managers, and business users.
How do I export all test cases in Jira?
Go to issue navigator and search for the test cases you wish to export. Once they are on the screen go to the top right and select either ‘Export’ or the image of the gear depending on what version of JIRA you are running. In the drop down select “Export current”.
Is Jira cloud for Excel free?
Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel
It is available for free on the AppSource marketplace and can be installed by any Office 365 user (for both the Online and Desktop version, Excel 2016 and later.)
What is Jira and Bugzilla?
JIRA is a tool created by Australian Company Atlassian. It is used for bug tracking, issue tracking, moreover project management. Bugzilla is a web-based bug tracking program created by the Mozilla Foundation. The program is used to maintain track of Mozilla’s projects, including the Firefox web browser.