How do I delete all attachments in Jira?
You can also use the following way to delete attachments:
- Open the JIRA issue, which you want to remove a file from.
- Click the down-arrow icon to the right of the ‘Attachments’ section and select Manage Attachments from the dropdown menu. …
- Locate the file you want to delete and click the Delete Attachment icon.
How do I delete an item in Jira?
Second – it is odd that you cannot delete if you are indeed a jira admin. go to the project > project settings > permissions and look at the Delete permission to ensure the permissions include your role. likde @Jack said: Do not delete issues. When you delete it is GONE.
What does component mean in Jira?
Components are subsections of a project. They are used to group issues within a project into smaller parts. You can set a default assignee for a component. This will override the project’s default assignee, for issues in that component. Only project admins and Jira admins can manage components.
How are components used in Jira?
Components. Jira project components are generic containers for issues. Components can have Component Leads: people who are automatically assigned issues with that component. Components add some structure to projects, breaking it up into features, teams, modules, subprojects, and more.
How do I delete an attachment?
Open the email that contains the attachment you want to delete. In the Attached box, right-click the attachment, and click Remove or select the file in the Attached box and then press the delete key on your keyboard. Note: This method deletes only one attachment at a time.
How do I delete multiple attachments in Confluence?
To delete, make sure the pages/attachments/comments you want to delete are selected, and simply click on the “Delete Pages” (or “Delete Attachments” or “Delete Comments”) button. You will see a confirmation dialog, and if you confirm, all selected items will be deleted.
Can I delete a Jira issue?
Select the project you need. Click on Permissions (left menu) … Select Edit permissions. Search for ‘Delete issues’ permission, then click on ‘add’ next to it.
Can I delete a JIRA ticket?
2 answers. Yes, check the permission scheme in the project. You’ll find there’s a line that allows you to delete. Grant someone you trust that permission and they’ll be able to delete from the project.
How do I delete Jira history?
You can use these in the scriptrunner plugin. Install in JIRA and then go to script Fragment section of the plugin. Select the update history class/method and put this code.
- Delete comment.
- Clone ticket (history isn’t cloned to the new ticket)
- Remove the original ticket.
How do I manage a component in Jira?
Managing a project’s components
- Choose Administration ( ) > Projects, and select the relevant project.
- Choose Components in the project sidebar. The Components page is displayed, showing a list of components and each component’s details. From here you can manage the project’s components as described below.
What is the difference between a label and a component in Jira?
Components are defined by project admins. Labels are more open and people-focussed, across projects. Anyone can add a label to an issue they can edit, and that label does not have to be from a pre-defined list.
How do I create a new component in Jira?
- Click on Projects -> Choose the appropriate project.
- At the Project Summary Page -> Click on the Administration tab.
- On the left pane , click on Components.
- Fill in the Name , Description, and Component Lead then click on the Add button.
- Repeat Step 4 until you are done adding all the compenents.
What are the features of JIRA?
Overview of Jira Features
- Customizable workflows.
- Unlimited custom fields.
- Bugs and defect management.
- Seamless source and issue integration.
- Search and filtering.
- Advanced reporting.
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards.
- Advanced security and administration.
What are versions in Jira?
Versions are points-in-time for a project. They help you schedule and organize your releases. Once a version is created and issues are assigned to it, you can use the version to filter information in various reports. If you’ve integrated Jira with Bamboo, you can start a build automatically.
What is the difference between story and task in Jira?
A story is something that is generally worked on by more than one person, and a task is generally worked on by just one person. A user story is typically functionality that will be visible to end users.