Log in as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission. Choose Administration ( ) > Issues. Select Issue Types > Sub-Tasks to open the Sub-Tasks page. Click the Edit link (in the Operations column) for the sub-task issue type that you wish to edit.
How do I assign subtasks in Jira?
How to create a sub-task issue type
- Select > Issues.
- Under ISSUE TYPES, select Sub-tasks.
- Click Add sub-task issue type.
- Enter a name and description to define the new sub-task issue type.
- Click Add.
How do I unlink a subtask in Jira?
Sub-task unlinking can be obtained in JIRA in two ways:
- Convert the sub-task to another issue type.
- Move the issue from one parent to another.
How do I change subtask status in Jira?
I can only change the status when I move the subtask back to an issue.
With this access:
- Go to Jira Administration > Issues > Workflows.
- Select your Workflow (I prefer Diagram view for this)
- Click a transition you’re trying to make – this is the arrow between two statuses.
How do I edit a defect in Jira?
You must be a Jira administrator with the Administer Jira permissions to add, edit, or delete issue types in classic projects.
Edit an issue type
- Select > Issues.
- Click Issue types.
- Find the relevant issue type and click Edit.
- Edit the issue type name, description, or avatar, and click Update.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
What is average age report in Jira?
Report: Average Age Report
Shows the average age of unresolved issues for a project or filter. This helps you see whether your backlog is being kept up to date.
How do I unlink in Jira?
- Go to an issue that contains links, and locate the Issue Links section.
- Hover your mouse over the link you wish to delete, and click the Delete (trashcan) icon that appears.
Can you delete a ticket in Jira?
2 answers. Yes, check the permission scheme in the project. You’ll find there’s a line that allows you to delete. Grant someone you trust that permission and they’ll be able to delete from the project.
How do I delete an issue in Jira?
Delete issue in JIRA really is delete.
Please follow the steps below:
- Login to JIRA as administrator.
- Click on Cogwheel icon.
- Click on Projects.
- Select the project you need.
- Click on Permissions (left menu)
- Click on Actions button.
- Select Edit permissions.
- Search for ‘Delete issues’ permission, then click on ‘add’ next to it.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
What are the three types of reports in Jira?
We can generate following reports in JIRA:
- 1) Average Age Report: It shows that how many issues are pending or unsolved. …
- 2) Issue Created vs. Resolved Issues Report: …
- 3) Pie chart Report: …
- 4) Project Pivot Report: …
- 5) Recently Created issue Report:
How do I change the resolution field in Jira?
Resolution Set Using a POST Function
- Locate your Workflow: > Issues > Workflows.
- Click Edit under Actions for your workflow.
- Select your “Done” transition, and Click POST Functions.
- Click ‘Add POST Function > Select ‘Update Issue Field’
- Select Resolution for Issue Field and the appropriate Field Value.