Note that all required fields must be added to the Create Issue screen for associated projects and issue types, and that hidden fields cannot be marked as required. Select > Issues. In the Fields section, click Field configurations. Click Configure next to the field configuration you wish to edit.
How do I enable custom fields in Jira?
- Choose Administration ( ) > Issues.
- Select Fields > Custom Fields.
- Select Add Custom Field. …
- Select a field and click Next.
- Configure the selection criteria for your field, as shown in the example for the Checkboxes field below: …
- Select Create.
What are the fields in Jira?
Fields: fields track attributes surrounding each issue type. Bugs usually have fields like summary, description, fix version, and component to describe the area of software where the bug surfaces.
How do I enable time tracking field in Jira?
Configure time tracking
- Select > Issues.
- In the sidebar, under ISSUE FEATURES, select Time Tracking.
- Click Edit global settings.
- Configure time tracking settings by editing the following fields: Field. Description. Working hours per day. The number of hours in your working day (decimal values are accepted). Working days per week. …
- Click Save.
What is custom fields in Jira?
Jira application issues are made up of fields. You can choose any number of fields to appear when creating, editing, or transitioning issues.
How do I create a custom field?
- Go to System Settings > Objects and Fields.
- Select the object you’ll be creating fields for. …
- Select Object Fields from the Object Management menu.
- Click New Field.
- Choose a field type and click Next.
- Complete the required fields: …
- Click Save Custom Field.
- Add the new field to a page layout.
What is a status in Jira?
A Status used for Jira Issues are the stages a particular issue, or issues, are currently at in their lifecycle – the workflow. We use Status in the Issue workflow to allow for numerous different meanings. The typical Statuses that are in a Project Management project are: To Do, In Progress and Done.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
What are custom fields?
Custom fields, also referred to as post meta, is a feature in WordPress which allows users to add additional information when writing a post. … Users can display this meta data by using template tags in their WordPress themes. Examples of custom fields can be: Music you are Listening to while writing the post.
What is Jira work log?
Quick access to work log details
This data can be viewed in Jira or exported in Excel format. The worklogs page allows you to see exactly where hours were logged by hovering over the hour count. This drills down to show you precisely on what time was spent.
How do I update hours in Jira?
To edit time records in the Jira Issue view, click the ellipsis at the right in the time record you want to edit, and then select the desired option.
Editing the Time Record Details
- Select Edit on the time record’s option menu.
- The Log Time form is displayed. …
- Click Update to save your changes.
How do I change a custom field in Jira?
You can also edit a custom field by clicking its screens or contexts link and then clicking Details > Edit Details. You can’t change the field’s type (for example, making a single-select field into a multi-select field). To change a field’s type, recreate the field using the desired type.
How do I restrict custom fields in Jira?
Can we restrict access for a custom field in JIRA to certain user/group?
- remove the field from the create and edit screen, leave it on the view-screen. …
- create workflow transitions on every status “set severity1”. …
- set the field with a postfunction to “1” within this transition.
How do I create a custom issue type in Jira?
Add a new issue type
- Select > Issues.
- Click Issue types > Add issue type.
- Enter a name and description for your new issue type.
- Choose between a standard or sub-task issue type. Sub-tasks can be used for smaller pieces of work that are associated with a standard issue.
- Click Add.