What is a roadmap in Jira?
Roadmaps in Jira Software enable you to quickly create a timeline of your plans, update your priorities as they change, and communicate the status of work to your stakeholders.
How do I enable sprints in Jira?
To start a sprint
- Go to the Backlog of your Scrum project.
- Find the sprint that you want to start and click Start Sprint.
- Update the Sprint name and add a Sprint goal if you want to, and select the Start date and End date for the sprint.
How do I enable release in Jira?
Navigate to your next-gen software project. Go to Project Settings > Features. Enable or disable the Releases and versions feature.
Is Jira a PPM tool?
Project Portfolio Management (PPM) for Jira. … Track all your projects in one place with PPM Express – a cloud-based project portfolio management solution with Jira integration. No need to replace the tools that make your teams most productive, enrich Jira with project portfolio management capabilities!
What does a good product roadmap look like?
An effective product roadmap will do more than ‘tell:’ it will also present a simple, realistic visual representation of your vision and how it is tied to company’s goals. Additionally, your roadmap should be easy to understand and persuasive.
Can we have 2 active sprints in Jira?
The Parallel sprints feature lets you enable multiple active sprints that are running in parallel with each other. For example, if you have two teams working from the same backlog, each team can now work on their own active sprint simultaneously.
How do I change the sprint duration in Jira?
- Click the Agile link’s down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
- Click Backlog.
- Hover over the sprint name or date field, click and type the new name or date, then press Enter.
What does backlog mean in Jira?
list of features
What is build and release in Jira?
A release is created from a single build. If you have connected JIRA Software to Bamboo, you can automatically run a Bamboo build when you release a version. … So, primary purpose of the build option is to automatically run Bamboo build if Bamboo and JIRA are connected.
What is the latest version of Jira?
View all versions
- 8.7. 8.7.1. 09-Feb-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.6. 8.6.1. 08-Jan-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.5. 8.5. 9 (long term support)? 11-Oct-2020. …
- 8.4. 8.4.3. 07-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.3. 8.3.5. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.2. 8.2.6. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.1. 8.1.3. 15-Sep-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.0. 8.0.3. 09-Jul-2019. Release notes.
What is a release in Jira?
Create versions for your project. In Jira Software, each release is called a version. There are two ways to create versions in your project. Only project admins can create versions. From the Releases page.14 мая 2020 г.
What is a PPM tool?
Project portfolio management (PPM) software provides visibility, oversight, and tools to help companies prioritize and manage current projects and resources as well as future needs and demands.
Is MS Project a PPM tool?
Microsoft calls its enterprise-wide solution for project and portfolio management Microsoft PPM. In contrast to the single-user tool on the desktop (Microsoft Project Standard), Microsoft PPM is based on a central server.
Is Jira a good project management tool?
JIRA is one of the most popular project management tools on the market. And though it was originally designed as an agile methodology tool for software developers, people who do all kinds of work use JIRA today.15 мая 2019 г.