You can do this with the Project Import tool natively in JIRA. Basically you take an XML dump of JIRA A and point the Project Import in JIRA B at it. Select the project you want, work through a couple of screens to make sure everything is available (fields, users etc) and then import. to get them synced up first.
How do I export a JIRA ticket?
For exporting issues you can export to .csv by following these steps:
- Go to the board or project you wish to export.
- On the left side, click on Issues.
- On the top right of your screen, click on “View all issues and filters”
- On the top right of your screen, click on the “Export” drop down.
How do I bulk upload tickets in Jira?
Use the JIRA Administration > System > (left-side menu) Import & Export > External System Import to import the CSV. Map the fields as required and complete the import. Delete the temporary issue with the Summary as in the CSV file.
How do I reference a ticket in Jira?
Mentioning Jira issues does work already, it just is a bit buggy! All you have to do is put the Ticket ID like TML-384 in the description or comment field, followed by a white space. The white space or line break is necessary, otherwise it does not work.
Can you export issues from JIRA?
Jira users can export issues from Jira in three simple steps. All it takes is searching for the issue in the issue navigator, clicking the export button, and selecting the right format. Even if it’s quick and straightforward, this method poses a few limitations.
How do I export a Jira file to PDF?
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Find new apps or Find new add-ons screen loads.
- Locate Issue Export to PDF HTML Word Documents.
- Click Free trial to download and install your app.
- Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
Can you import issues into Jira?
Choose to import all issues into one (new or existing) Jira project or into multiple Jira projects. To complete this step, fill in the following: Import to Jira Project – You can choose Select a project if importing all issues into a single Jira project.
How do you upload a backlog in Jira?
how to upload a backlog from an excel
- Save your Excel as CSV.
- Login with Administrator and then go to JIRA Administration > System > External System Import.
- Under JIRA Import CSV.
What are the bulk change permissions?
The decision to grant the Bulk Change permission should be considered carefully. This permission grants users the ability to modify a collection of issues at once.
How do I link a ticket in Jira?
Creating a link to an issue on another Jira site
- Open the issue you wish to link to another issue.
- Select More > Link to display the Link dialog box.
- Ensure that the Jira Issue item is selected at the left of the dialog box.
How do I link a bug to a story in Jira?
Select Bug in issue type. In same screen find “issue” field, drop down will display the current US at the top, select it. This will create a link to the US you are currently looking at.
How do I merge tickets in Jira?
You can’t merge tickets. However you can link both issues and mark one as a duplicate of the other. Thanks to automation rules, you can certainly update both tickets in the same time.
How do I export reports in Jira?
From the switch report menu, select Releases or Scope. If necessary, click and configure the display settings of the report. Click the Export button > select the location where you want to save the CSV file.
How do I extract more than 1000 records in Jira?
- Run a search on the issue navigator to get all the issues need to be exported (Example below contains 200k+ issues).
- Export the first 1000 issues using the standard export feature (Export > Excel)
- Open the exported CSV files and manually consolidate them if necessary.
Can you export Jira board to excel?
For 2018 and jira cloud users as this took me some time to find where the issue navigator was. Open the ‘Board’ dropdown. No, but you can export the issues it shows to CSV which Excel can read. Just go to the issue navigator and use the same filter the board uses.