If you want to show a field (which is currently hidden) through Jira’s user interface, click the Show link associated with that field. You can hide this field again at any time by clicking the Hide link.
How do I make fields mandatory in Jira screen?
You can use the JIRA Suite Utilities add-on (field required validator) and set a field required only when executing a given transition.
How do I edit a field value in Jira?
Configure a custom field
- Select > Issues.
- Under FIELDS, click Custom fields.
- Find the custom field you want to configure, click > Contexts and default value. …
- In the configuration scheme section, select Edit Default Value.
- Enter a default value (e.g. for a custom Story Points field, set the value to 4) and click Set Default.
How do I enable fields in Jira?
The new issue view (currently for Jira Core boards and Jira Software boards and backlogs), uses the View issue screen configuration to determine which fields to show.
To do so:
- Select > Issues.
- In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
- Click Edit or Delete next to the field configuration you wish to update.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do I add a custom field to a Jira issue?
- Choose Administration ( ) > Issues.
- Select Fields > Custom fields.
- Select Add custom field.
- In Select a Field Type, select All to make sure you can see all available field types.
- Select a field type and click Next.
- Configure the selection criteria for your field, as shown in the example for the Checkboxes field below:
What are the 5 steps of workflow in Jira?
What are Jira Workflows?
- Creating an Issue, to reflect a new task. This will have a “To Do” status.
- Marking it as “in progress” once work is begun.
- Then, when the task is finished, you can mark it as being “Done”. And you’ve already gone from one end of the workflow to the other.
Is Jira a workflow tool?
Plan, track, and release great software with workflows designed to fit every initiative or project. Start with a template, or create a custom one and get your team working more efficiently and transparently.
What is a status in Jira?
A Status used for Jira Issues are the stages a particular issue, or issues, are currently at in their lifecycle – the workflow. We use Status in the Issue workflow to allow for numerous different meanings. The typical Statuses that are in a Project Management project are: To Do, In Progress and Done.