How do I make a resolution field editable in Jira?
2 answers. You do NOT make it editable. You should only set it when closing an issue, and, you should *always* set it, or Jira does not work properly. It does not matter if you think you don’t use it, Jira needs it to be used properly.
How do I make a custom field read only in Jira?
Ok, there’s a long-standing answer to this one (since JIRA 2).
- Install the (well supported and free) JIRA Toolkit add-on.
- Add a new custom field of type “message field for edit”
- Place it on the “create issue” screen (and others if needed)
- Set the default value to your text.
How do I lock a custom field in Jira?
JIRA doesn’t allow you to lock fields. The work around is to put the field on a transition screen for a transition with a condition of a particular project role. Then put the field ONLY on the view screen. Put the transition anywhere you want to be able to change the field.
How do I edit custom field values in Jira?
To add a new custom field, type a custom field name in the Add Value field, and click Add. Note that these options are case insensitive, so when using a select or multi-select list for a notification scheme, JIRA-ADMINISTRATORS will match the jira-administrators group.
What is the difference between status and resolution in Jira?
Statuses represent the position of an issue in its workflow. A status can be mapped to one workflow step. Resolutions are the ways in which an issue can be closed. Read more about the default statuses, resolutions and priorities that come with your Jira products.
What is Resolution field in Jira?
The “Resolution” field is an important feature in Jira. It specifies the reason an issue is closed and removes the need of having multiple statuses with the purpose of stating why the issue is closed, thus capturing important data for your team while reducing the time you have to manage your workflow.22 мая 2019 г.
What is a locked field in Jira?
A locked field is simply a field that you can’t configure, because it’s used in plugins for instance and needs to stay as is. But that doesn’t necessarily means that it can’t be added to a screen. For instance, Sprint is a locked field, and you can have in in screens to add values manually.
How do I unlock my Jira account?
if you are then you need to go to the Admin button > User management > search for user in the Filter users search box then under actions click Edit and then click Active check box then update. But not you also need to add user back to Jira_users group for example in other to be able to access JIRA.
How do you unlock fields in Jira?
- Run the following query via database to determine the JIRA Software custom field IDs. …
- You will have to match the id of the field you want to unlock with the according entry in managedconfigurationitem table’s item_id column. …
- You will need to set the managed column to false of any field you want to unlock.
How do I edit a custom field?
Edit Custom Fields
- From the management settings for the field’s object, go to Fields.
- Click Edit next to the field’s name.
- Modify the field attributes. …
- Optionally, define custom help text for the field.
- For lookup and master-detail relationship fields, optionally define a lookup filter.
How do I delete a custom field in Jira?
- delete old/inactive Jira-Projects (archive xml, excel,attachments)
- workflows. look at inactive Workflow-Schemes and delete them. …
- Screens. look at issuetype-screen-schemes that doesn’t have an assigned project and delete them. …
- fields. look at fieldlayout-schemes without a project and delete them.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.