2 answers. You do NOT make it editable. You should only set it when closing an issue, and, you should *always* set it, or Jira does not work properly. It does not matter if you think you don’t use it, Jira needs it to be used properly.
How do I change the resolution field in Jira?
Resolution Set Using a POST Function
- Locate your Workflow: > Issues > Workflows.
- Click Edit under Actions for your workflow.
- Select your “Done” transition, and Click POST Functions.
- Click ‘Add POST Function > Select ‘Update Issue Field’
- Select Resolution for Issue Field and the appropriate Field Value.
How do I make a field editable in Jira?
How to edit a field description
- Select > Issues.
- In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
- Click Configure next to the field configuration you wish to edit.
- Click Edit next to the field you want to update.
- Enter a new description and click Update.
What does set resolution mean in Jira?
The “Resolution” field is an important feature in Jira. … Any issue that has the Resolution field set is treated by Jira applications as “resolved”. The Issue Navigator displays “Unresolved” when no resolution is set for an issue.22 мая 2019 г.
How do I change my resolution?
To change your screen resolution
- Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.
- Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.
What is the difference between status and resolution in Jira?
Statuses represent the position of an issue in its workflow. A status can be mapped to one workflow step. Resolutions are the ways in which an issue can be closed. Read more about the default statuses, resolutions and priorities that come with your Jira products.
What is an issue resolution?
Essentially the intent of an issue resolution process is to make things easier for the people in your workplace to come to a resolution following an issue. … And if you have employees, then it is likely that you will, on occasions have differences in opinions about how these hazards or other workplace issues are managed.
How do I make a field mandatory in Jira cloud?
To make a field mandatory when used through Jira’s user interface, click the Required link associated with that field. The text Required appears next to the field’s name. Hidden fields cannot be set as required. To make a field optional, click the Optional link associated with that field.
How do I edit a bug in Jira?
To edit an existing issue, select Edit to open the Edit Issue dialog and modify the issue details. To change the fields you need to edit, select Configure Fields > Custom and choose the fields you want to show or hide. Select Update to save your changes.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
What is resolution date in Jira?
Resolved date is set when you set or change the resolution. It will be cleared when you clear your resolution (i.e. in a postfunction). See also: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOCSPRINT/Resolved,+Resolution+and+Resolution+Date.
How do I change the date resolution in Jira?
In JIRA Cloud it is possible to update the resolution date by doing a CSV import. Just export a CSV of the issues you need to update. Add a “resolved date” column, populate dates, then import into JIRA as Admin via External System Import. Make sure to set the date formatting to match in CSV and import tool.
How do I add a custom status in Jira?
Define A New Status
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrators permission.
- Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left.
- Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
How do I change my resolution to 1920×1080?
Change the Screen Resolution in Control Panel
- Right-click on Windows button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Adjust Screen Resolution under Appearance and Personalization (Figure 2). …
- If you have more than one monitor connected to your computer, then select the monitor that you want to change the screen resolution of.
Can you change TV resolution?
Each television has a few different resolution options you can pick from by going into the Settings > Output Resolution menu. Higher resolutions mean more pixels and therefore a better picture and vice versa. You can change the resolution whenever you want.
How do you get 1920×1080 resolution on 1366×768?
Just Right click on the desktop, access Graphic properties, access display and change the resolution from 1366×768 to 1920×1080. Done.