To make a field mandatory when used through Jira’s user interface, click the Required link associated with that field. The text Required appears next to the field’s name. Hidden fields cannot be set as required. To make a field optional, click the Optional link associated with that field.
How do you make fields mandatory?
Setting a field to Mandatory, forces the user to fill a value for the particular form field.
Making a Field Required
- Select the Form from the Dashboard in Edit mode.
- Select the field to be edited.
- Select Field Properties from the right pane and select the checkbox Mandatory.
- The changes made will be auto-saved.
How do I set a default project in Jira?
If not, create one first then go to Dashboards > Manage Dashboards. You should see a “star” shaped checkbox next to each Dashboard name indicating whether or not it is a “favorite.” Uncheck each star except for the one you want as the default and voilà! it is now the default project when you open Jira.
How do I make Jira application fields required in a workflow transition?
On the Validators tab, click Add. Select the Fields Required option and click Add. Select the field or fields that you want to make required for the transition. Click Add to complete the creation of a Validator.
What is mandatory field?
Mandatory fields are questions that must be answered before the form can be submitted. Mandatory fields are also called “compulsory” or “required” fields. The opposite of a mandatory field is an optional field. Optional fields are also sometimes called “voluntary” fields.
What is field required?
A topic that surfaces time and time again is whether — and how — to mark required fields on a form. Required fields, also known as mandatory fields, are questions that must be answered by the form-filler. The opposite of a mandatory field is an optional field; with these questions, form-fillers have a choice.
How do I change my default homepage in Jira?
Take a look at Set your site homepage:
- Go to > Site administration (or. > User management if you’re not using the new Jira experience yet)
- Choose Application access in the left panel.
- Hit the User defaults button at the top-right of the page.
- Pick the default application under the Homepage heading.
- Hit Set defaults.
How do I add a screen to a transition in Jira?
Click at the Edit link at the workflow that you would like to add the transition screen in.
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrator permission.
- Click at the cog icon > Select Issues > Find Screens under Screens category at the left.
- Click Add Screen.
- Enter the Name and the Description of the Screen then Add.
How do I add a validator in Jira?
To add a validator to a transition, edit the workflow that contains the transition, select the transition, then click Validators in the properties panel for the transition. To add a validator to a transition: Select > Issues. Click Workflows and then Edit for the relevant workflow.
What is the meaning of not mandatory?
adjective. Not required by law or mandate; voluntary. ‘the company has a non-mandatory pension scheme’
How do I make a field required in SQL?
There are two basic ways that you can require a value in a field in an Access table:
- Set the field’s Required property to Yes You can do this by opening the table in Design view. …
- Use a data-definition query that creates a non-null index on the field You can do this by using SQL view.
How do you show asterisk after required field label?
Therefore when creating the form you will have to remember to add this in the HTML where you want the asterisk to appear which is commonly after the label of the form field. Then all you need to do is add a CSS class for required with the colour red.17 мая 2015 г.