That said if you wish to reopen an issue you simply need to have a transition from the closed status back to To Do or whatever status you want. Be sure to have a post-function that clears the Resolution field. “The development team would like to reopen the issue rather than create a bug.”
How do I resolve an issue in Jira?
Resolution Set Using a Screen
- Locate your Workflow: > Issues > Workflows.
- Click Edit under Actions for your workflow.
- Select your the Done transition and Click Edit.
- Select the Resolve Issue Screen for the Screen field. By Default, JIRA comes with a ‘Resolve Issue Screen’
How do I revert my status in Jira?
Use z+z or select Undo to simply reverse any changes done to a Jira issue.
How do I defer an issue in Jira?
Say, an “In-progress” issue can be “deferred” for further action later. Putting it in deferred status also means the issue has not been resolved yet (which is the case anyway). In JIRA, adding a resolution other than “Unresolved” would make JIRA think that its already resolved.
What is the difference between resolved and closed in Jira?
Closed means that the issue has been worked on but can be reopen. Resolved means that the issue has been worked on, closed and a resolution determined. An issue is Open if its Resolution field has not been set.
What is an issue resolution?
1. Issue resolution. The model Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act sets up a process for resolving work health and safety issues within the workplace. It applies after a work health and safety matter is raised but not resolved to the satisfaction of any party after discussing the matter.
How do I change my Jira ticket status?
In Jira, click the Settings (cog) icon on the left side panel, and select Issues. On the Issues page, select Workflows from the left sidebar. Click Edit on the right side of the workflow containing the transition you want to edit. Select the transition and click the Post Functions tab.
How do I move a ticket into progress in Jira?
To do that, you move it through transitions, which are defined by the workflow. The workflow will need to have a transition from the status in the “in progress” column back to a status in the “to do” column. Then you’ll be able to move it.
How do I add a bug status in Jira?
Define A New Status
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrators permission.
- Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left.
- Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
What means deferred?
adjective. postponed or delayed. suspended or withheld for or until a certain time or event: a deferred payment; deferred taxes. classified as temporarily exempt from induction into military service.
What is icebox in Jira?
My understanding of an Icebox is where we dump issues from the Backlog that we are wanting to put on hold or “freeze” for whatever reasons. Stuff we want to do and keep on the table, but not perhaps not in the scope for the coming months. It seems JIRA does need another method for prioritising the Backlog.
How do you ask if an issue is resolved?
What’s the best way to ask if an issue has been resolved / things have changed over time
- ask a completely new question and risk being closed for exact duplicate.
- ask a completely new question referring to the old one.
- edit the old question to bump it.
What is marked as resolved?
It means, Question is Resolved/ Answered properly. If you have asked any question, and you have got the appropriate answer which resolved your problem, you can mark that answer as resolved.
What is resolution date in Jira?
Resolved date is set when you set or change the resolution. It will be cleared when you clear your resolution (i.e. in a postfunction). See also: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOCSPRINT/Resolved,+Resolution+and+Resolution+Date.