How do I lock a custom field in Jira?
JIRA doesn’t allow you to lock fields. The work around is to put the field on a transition screen for a transition with a condition of a particular project role. Then put the field ONLY on the view screen. Put the transition anywhere you want to be able to change the field.
How do I make a custom field read only in Jira?
Ok, there’s a long-standing answer to this one (since JIRA 2).
- Install the (well supported and free) JIRA Toolkit add-on.
- Add a new custom field of type “message field for edit”
- Place it on the “create issue” screen (and others if needed)
- Set the default value to your text.
How do I change field settings in Jira?
How to edit a field description
- Select > Issues.
- In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
- Click Configure next to the field configuration you wish to edit.
- Click Edit next to the field you want to update.
- Enter a new description and click Update.
What are custom fields in Jira?
Custom fields types in classic projects. Take advantage of custom field types for your classic Jira Cloud projects. View topic. Configure a custom field. Set a default value for custom fields and limit the users for user picker fields in Jira Cloud.
What is a locked field in Jira?
A locked field is simply a field that you can’t configure, because it’s used in plugins for instance and needs to stay as is. But that doesn’t necessarily means that it can’t be added to a screen. For instance, Sprint is a locked field, and you can have in in screens to add values manually.
How do I unlock my Jira account?
if you are then you need to go to the Admin button > User management > search for user in the Filter users search box then under actions click Edit and then click Active check box then update. But not you also need to add user back to Jira_users group for example in other to be able to access JIRA.
How do you associate field configuration with a project?
How to associate a field configuration scheme with a project
- Go to your project and click Project settings.
- Click Fields.
- Click Actions > Use a different scheme.
- Select the scheme you want to associate with this project.
- Click Associate.
How do I create a custom field?
- Go to System Settings > Objects and Fields.
- Select the object you’ll be creating fields for. …
- Select Object Fields from the Object Management menu.
- Click New Field.
- Choose a field type and click Next.
- Complete the required fields: …
- Click Save Custom Field.
- Add the new field to a page layout.
What are custom fields?
Custom fields, also referred to as post meta, is a feature in WordPress which allows users to add additional information when writing a post. … Users can display this meta data by using template tags in their WordPress themes. Examples of custom fields can be: Music you are Listening to while writing the post.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.