You can enclose your search term in quotes. E.g. if you want to find mentions of JRA-1234 in description and not issue JRA-1234 you search for “JRA-1234”.
How do I add a description in Jira?
Enter JIRA, press the ‘g’ key twice and type ‘custom fields’.
- Click on the button ‘Add Custom Field’, on the top right corner.
- Select a text field (multi-line or single line). …
- Give it a name and, optionally, a description.
- Click on Create.
- Select the project(s) checkboxes in which you want to include your custom field.
How do I search for text in Jira?
Text searches can be done in the advanced search when the CONTAINS (~) operator is used, e.g. summary~”windows*” . It can also be done in quick search and basic search when searching on supported fields. Acknowledgments: Jira uses Apache Lucene for text indexing, which provides a rich query language.
How do I see features in Jira?
Go to System-Setting (the cog-item in the upper right, next to your profile) and choose issues. Then you should already see the issue types configured in your system and you can add the Feature there. Afterwards, just select Issue Type Scheme and select the scheme you are using.
How do I create a search query in Jira?
Jira’s JQL editor makes it easy to learn JQL. The editor uses code that hints as you type. For example, if we want to type the following JQL: project = Pipeline, Jira gives suggestions at each step of the way for each of the three components of our query. Click on “Syntax help” anytime if you get stuck.
How do I create a ticket template in Jira?
- You can create new jira project, configure the custom schemes and call them as say ‘Dept A template’.
- While creating a new project, select ‘Create with shared configuration’
- And select ‘Dept A template’ project as source project and proceed with the creation.
How do I create a template in Jira?
Create a template
- Click Create at the top of the screen to open the Create issue screen.
- In the Create Issue dialog box, select the Template Repository project – the default repository is called Templates (TEMP).
- Choose Template as the Issue Type.
- Fill in the Summary and Description fields.
- Click Create.
How do I search for a bug in Jira?
- Navigate to Issues (in header) > Search for issues. If there are existing search criteria, click the New filter button to reset the search criteria. …
- Enter your JQL query. As you type, Jira will offer a list of “auto-complete” suggestions based on the context of your query. …
- Press Enter or click Search to run your query.
What does != Mean in Jira?
DOES NOT MATCH
What is average age report in Jira?
Report: Average Age Report
Shows the average age of unresolved issues for a project or filter. This helps you see whether your backlog is being kept up to date.
Can you write test cases in Jira?
While JIRA wasn’t designed to serve as a Test Case Management, it can be configured to support test case management in a couple of different ways. The JIRA platform is, at its core, our workflow engine that allows you to track issues or tasks through a predefined, highly customizable workflow.21 мая 2020 г.
What are the features of JIRA?
Overview of Jira Features
- Customizable workflows.
- Unlimited custom fields.
- Bugs and defect management.
- Seamless source and issue integration.
- Search and filtering.
- Advanced reporting.
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards.
- Advanced security and administration.
What are epics in Jira?
An epic is a large body of work that can be broken down into a number of smaller stories, or sometimes called “Issues” in Jira. Epics often encompass multiple teams, on multiple projects, and can even be tracked on multiple boards. Epics are almost always delivered over a set of sprints.
How do I search for labels in Jira?
Replace ‘foo’ and ‘bar’ with the label(s) you want to search for, and separate multiple labels with a + symbol. Adding a label to your results: Once you’re on the Labeled content page, you can add more labels to your search by choosing them from the Related Labels list at the top-right of the page.
How do I run a JQL query in Jira?
To try out JQL in your JIRA instance, you can:
- Click Issues > Search for issue.
- Click Edit (If you have a search in progress)
- Click Advanced Searching.
What is issue type in Jira?
An issue type scheme determines which issue types will be available to a project or set of projects. It also manages specifying the order in which the issue types will present in the user interface of JIRA, while creating an Issue. An issue type scheme generates as soon as the project is added in the JIRA.