To use the quick search: Enter your search criteria in the search box in the header bar of Jira and press Enter. Tip: If you know the issue key or project key, enter it before other search terms, e.g. “JRA help link is broken”.
How do I search for a bug in Jira?
- Navigate to Issues (in header) > Search for issues. If there are existing search criteria, click the New filter button to reset the search criteria. …
- Enter your JQL query. As you type, Jira will offer a list of “auto-complete” suggestions based on the context of your query. …
- Press Enter or click Search to run your query.
How do I view a project in Jira?
First, you need to be a JIRA admin.
- Add a new project role. Project roles are universal so they will be available in all projects. …
- go to the notification scheme and add the role ‘watch all’ to the notification you want.
- the project leads can now add users to the ‘watch all’ role.
What can be performed with Jira search?
JIRA has powerful and very efficient search functionalities. A user can search issues across Projects, Versions and Components using various search types. JIRA allows saving the search criteria to utilize next time as filters; even these filters can be shared by others as well.
How do I search for an assignee in Jira?
Search for issues
- robots. noindex. Select Filters and click a filter or choose Advanced issue search.
- Set Assignee to “Current User” at the top of the search page. The search results refresh when you select new criteria.
- Choose More > Resolution and check “Unresolved”.
What is average age report in Jira?
Report: Average Age Report
Shows the average age of unresolved issues for a project or filter. This helps you see whether your backlog is being kept up to date.
How do I create a search query in Jira?
To try out JQL in your JIRA instance, you can:
- Click Issues > Search for issue.
- Click Edit (If you have a search in progress)
- Click Advanced Searching.
How do I see all issues in Jira?
Open the project issue navigator
- Choose Projects and select a starred or recent project, or choose View all projects and select a project.
- From your project’s sidebar, select Issues and filters.
- Select an issue filter, like All issues to view all issues in the project.
- Select an issue from the list to open it.
How do I stop watching a project in Jira?
If you have “bulk edit” permission (it’s a global permission), then you can run a filter for “project = X” (or even “I am a watcher” or whatever else), bulk edit the results and remove yourself as a watcher from everything.
How do I set up alerts in Jira?
Select > Issues. Select Notification schemes to open the notification schemes page, which lists all the current notification schemes in your Jira installation. Locate the notification scheme of interest and click its linked name to open the Edit Notifications page for that notification scheme.
What does != Mean in Jira?
DOES NOT MATCH
How do I run a JQL query in Jira?
Query results can be saved and used as filters and views across Jira (including boards).
- In the top navigation bar, select Filters.
- Select Advanced issue search. ( …
- Use quick filters for basic search or switch to JQL for advanced search.
How do I search for labels in Jira?
Replace ‘foo’ and ‘bar’ with the label(s) you want to search for, and separate multiple labels with a + symbol. Adding a label to your results: Once you’re on the Labeled content page, you can add more labels to your search by choosing them from the Related Labels list at the top-right of the page.
How do I search for text in Jira?
Text searches can be done in the advanced search when the CONTAINS (~) operator is used, e.g. summary~”windows*” . It can also be done in quick search and basic search when searching on supported fields. Acknowledgments: Jira uses Apache Lucene for text indexing, which provides a rich query language.
What is the Fixversion in Jira?
Although it can be useful for tracking problems, it isn’t used very often in Jira. Fix version is the version where you plan on releasing a feature or bugfix to customers. This field is used for release planning, monitoring progress and velocity, and is used widely in reporting. This is most likely the field you want.