A simple way to do this is to create a role such as Project Watcher and assign people to it that you want to watch EVERY issue. Then update the notification scheme and add that role wherever you have Watcher. The project lead can add/delete people from the role as needed.
How do you set watchers in Jira?
In the Administration > Issues > Screens section, you can set the position of the watchers field for screens you have added it to.
How do I set a default project in Jira?
If not, create one first then go to Dashboards > Manage Dashboards. You should see a “star” shaped checkbox next to each Dashboard name indicating whether or not it is a “favorite.” Uncheck each star except for the one you want as the default and voilà! it is now the default project when you open Jira.
What are Jira watchers?
A Watcher is someone that will be given permissions for the Jira project. This generally isn’t a customer since they wouldn’t have access to your Jira system but only the Service Desk portal. A Requested Participant is someone being given permissions for the Jira Service Desk portal.
How do I automatically add watchers in Jira?
Open Jira Administration>Issues>Notification Schemes, find the scheme for the desired project and click on notifications. Add the desired users, roles, or groups to the notification for Issue Created.
Where do you write queries in Jira?
Let’s create a filter based on JQL:
- Once you have entered the query, click the ‘Save as’ button, which is located just above the field where you type.
- Give it a name and click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Go back to the main page of JIRA. …
- Click the filter that you have saved and the issues will be filtered.
How do I view all issues in Jira?
First, you need to be a JIRA admin.
- Add a new project role. Project roles are universal so they will be available in all projects. …
- go to the notification scheme and add the role ‘watch all’ to the notification you want.
- the project leads can now add users to the ‘watch all’ role.
How do I use people in Jira?
To mention someone using autocomplete, type ‘@’ in the editor then start typing their name. Choose the person you want to mention from the list of suggestions. Confluence will suggest people you’ve mentioned previously (after yourself, of course). It then continues to suggest matches as you type.
How do I see watched issues in Jira?
2 Answers. From the top right button “add gadget”, then on the pop-pup search for “watched” and you will get it.
Is Jira a bug tracking tool?
Whether you’re using Bitbucket or your own source code management tool, Jira Software’s deep integration with your DVCS system ensures that bugs are resolved as quickly as possible, while keeping everyone on your team on the same page the entire time. Learn more about Jira Software and Bitbucket.
How do I resolve a bug in Jira?
Resolution Set Using a Screen
- Locate your Workflow: > Issues > Workflows.
- Click Edit under Actions for your workflow.
- Select your the Done transition and Click Edit.
- Select the Resolve Issue Screen for the Screen field. By Default, JIRA comes with a ‘Resolve Issue Screen’
How do you code a bug tracker?
- Set up the application.
- Create the module.
- Display the projects and bugs.
- Create an AreaRegistration class.
- Create the project and bug controllers.
- Create the bug and the project views.
- Create the bug tracker layout.
- Add the ProjectMaster view to the navigation.