How do I use FIX version in Jira?
Step 1: Create a version in Jira Software
- Navigate to your project.
- In the project menu, click on Releases.
- Select the Version name text box, enter a name, and click Add. Version names are typically numeric, for example, 1.0 or 2.1. You could also consider using an internal codename.
How do I release a fix version in Jira?
Release your version in Jira Software
- Go to the project that your version is in, and then click Releases > your desired version.
- On the version page, click the Release button.
- The release dialog will be displayed.
- Enter the details for the release, then click the Release button.
What is a version in Jira software?
In Jira Software, each release is called a version. There are two ways to create versions in your project. Only project admins can create versions. Select Releases in the project menu on the left.14 мая 2020 г.
How do I change the date in Jira?
Portfolio for Jira allows you to configure your release dates in a few easy steps:
- Go to your plan > Releases.
- Create a new release or select an existing one.
- Select Edit.
- Configure the dates and close the window. Start Date. Description. As early as possible.
What is the latest version of JIRA software?
View all versions
- 8.7. 8.7.1. 09-Feb-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.6. 8.6.1. 08-Jan-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.5. 8.5. 9 (long term support)? 11-Oct-2020. …
- 8.4. 8.4.3. 07-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.3. 8.3.5. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.2. 8.2.6. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.1. 8.1.3. 15-Sep-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.0. 8.0.3. 09-Jul-2019. Release notes.
What happens when you release a version in Jira?
1 answer. You enter a release version and all the issues in the done column are stamped with that version. As the board filter is (usually) set to say “consider anything with a version as release and don’t put it on the board”, that’s how it clears stuff out.
How do I manage release versions?
The simplest thing to do is start your initial development release at 0.1. 0 and then increment the minor version for each subsequent release.
What is build and release in Jira?
A release is created from a single build. If you have connected JIRA Software to Bamboo, you can automatically run a Bamboo build when you release a version. … So, primary purpose of the build option is to automatically run Bamboo build if Bamboo and JIRA are connected.
What is the difference between release and version in Jira?
In JIRA, versions are intended to indicate an actual version of your software (2.3. … However, depending on how your software is being delivered, you could also use releases in this field. For instance, our project has time-boxed releases where the content of the release is flexible but the release date is not.
What is difference between version and release?
Normally Release is more about the “action” to distribute the software to interested candidates, while “version” is an identifier of certain snapshot of the software (mostly a meaningful snapshot). Therefore, in most case, as we need to identify certain release of the application, we will have a version assigned.
What is the difference between version and edition?
To give an example: over a span of one year, there were many many versions of my thesis, but there was only one edition of it (the final, published work). For one, ‘edition’ pertains to a publication of sorts in particular, whereas ‘version’ could pertain to anything from a software program to a narrated story.
How do I find Jira version?
You can check Jira Software version on the footer of any page in JIRA. It will be written in grey font. Or you can go to Applicatons->Versions and Licenses. You can see there the verisons of Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and Jira Core.
How do I create a new release in Jira?
To create a project release:
- In the releases view of the plan, go to the project for which you want to create a release.
- Click Create release next to the project name. …
- Give the new release a name. …
- Add a description for the new release.
- For the start date, choose from one of the following options, and then set the date: