Go to the the Board Settings > Card layout > Under the Backlog Section add the Components field. Go back to your board and you should see Components on your issues in the Backlog view.
How do I search for a component in Jira?
Choose Projects and select a starred or recent project, or choose View all projects and select a project. From your project’s sidebar, select Components.
How do I enable components in Jira?
- Click on Projects -> Choose the appropriate project.
- At the Project Summary Page -> Click on the Administration tab.
- On the left pane , click on Components.
- Fill in the Name , Description, and Component Lead then click on the Add button.
- Repeat Step 4 until you are done adding all the compenents.
How do you make a board visible in Jira?
To change the visibility of your board to All Users:
- Click on the … …
- The configuration for the board will be shown, notice the red padlocks shown under Filter Shares. …
- The edit current filter screen will now be displayed, beside the Add Shares ensure that Everyone is selected in the drop down box, before clicking Add.
Where are Jira board settings?
If you’re a board administrator or a Jira administrator, you can change the administrators of a board. See Permissions overview for more information. Go to your board, then select more ( ) > Board settings.
What are components for in Jira?
Components are subsections of a project. They are used to group issues within a project into smaller parts. You can set a default assignee for a component. This will override the project’s default assignee, for issues in that component.
Who can create versions in Jira?
How do I share a Jira board?
In Jira, click Projects. If you see your Project under CURRENT PROJECT or RECENT PROJECTS, click it.
- Click in the Users or groups textbox. Type in the user’s first initial and last name. Jira will display a list of matches. Click the correct user.
- For Role, scroll down and click Users.
- Click the Add button.
How do I manage a scrum board in Jira?
Step 1: Create a board
- Click Search ( ) > View all boards.
- Click Create board.
- Select a board type (either agility, Scrum, or Kanban).
- Select how you want your board created – You can either create a new project for your new board, or add your board to one or more existing projects.
How do I create a dashboard in Jira?
Create your dashboard
- From your project in Jira click Dashboards and View all Dashboards.
- In the top right you can click on Create dashboard.
- Fill in the name.
- Start from a blank dashboard.
- For Shared with select Public and click Add.
- Click Create.
How do I change my status in Jira board?
Adding a new status
- Go to your board, then select more ( ) > Board settings.
- Click the Columns tab.
- Click the Add status button. NOTE: The Add Status button is only available if you have the Jira ‘Project Administrator’ permission for this board’s project. See Permissions overview for more information.