JIRA will pull in a list for you to choose from. After your saved filter is created, you can subscribe to the filter to receive an email update. Under Issues > Manage filters, you can search for your filter. Once you find it, click Manage subscriptions out to the right, then Add subscription.
What is filter subscription in Jira?
A subscription provides you with a periodic notification for all issues returned by the search. If you want to be notified when a particular issue changes, you should watch the issue instead. Email. Your search must be saved as a filter, if you want to create an email subscription for it.
How do I apply a filter in Jira?
Configuring filters in Jira. To access your filters, navigate to Issues > Manage Filters. From there, you can edit your filter’s details as well as work on filters that other users have shared with you. Users can also Manage Viewers and Editors and Manage Subscriptions for their filters.
How do I manage subscriptions in Jira?
- Login to Jira Site.
- Bring up list of filters you are watching.
- Click on Filter in question you no longer wish to receive emails from.
- To right of Filter name are two choices – Save As and Details.
- Click on Details link.
- Bottom of Details dropdown is Subscription – Click Manage Subscriptions.
How do I send automated reports in Jira?
- Create a JIRA dashboard with the report(s) you wanted to be automatically emailed. You can include any number and any type (pie, created vs. reported, two-dimensional counts, etc.) …
- Set up automatic emailing of the dashboard as explained in this tutorial.
How do I create a Smart Filter in Jira?
Click on the Add Smart Filter button at the top-right of the page. Insert a name, select at least one tag type and click on Create button. Select a color and/or insert a label (depending on which Tag Types you have selected for your smart filter), insert a JQL for the clause and click the Add button.
How do I create a filter in JIRA dashboard?
Create a Rich Filter
- Open the Issues menu at the top of the screen and select the Manage rich filters option.
- Click on the Create Rich Filter button at the top-right of your screen to open the Create Rich Filter dialog box.
- Fill the two mandatory fields: Enter a name for your Rich Filter. …
- Click the Create button.
How do I create a quick filter in Jira?
You can create additional Quick Filters or edit existing Quick Filters. Any additional Quick Filters that you create will appear as buttons next to the ‘Only My Issues’ and ‘Recently Updated’ buttons on the board. Go to the desired board, then click Board > Configure. Click the Quick Filters tab.
What is a Jira filter?
A filter is a saved issue search. Jira users can search for issues using different criteria in basic or advanced search, and then save their results as a filter, becoming the filter’s owner. … If the filter is private, only the owner and Jira admin can view and modify it.
How do I add a table filter in Confluence?
- Log into your Confluence instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace.
- Click Find new apps or Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Table Filter and Charts for Confluence via search.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do I delete a Jira subscription?
Still need help?
- Choose. > Site administration, then choose Billing under Subscriptions & Billing.
- Choose Manage subscriptions.
- Choose Cancel subscription for the one you want to cancel and follow the prompts on the screen.
How do I cancel my subscription to Jira?
To cancel your subscription login to my.atlassian.com and select the ‘+’ key to expand your subscription. There is a ‘Cancel Subscription’ link available for your account.
How do I unsubscribe from Jira?
From your organization at admin.atlassian.com, select Billing > Manage Subscriptions in the left navigation panel. From the Atlassian Access card, choose Unsubscribe from the drop down. From the screen that appears, confirm you want to unsubscribe by entering UNSUBSCRIBE in the text box.