What is a release in Jira?
Create versions for your project. In Jira Software, each release is called a version. There are two ways to create versions in your project. Only project admins can create versions. From the Releases page.14 мая 2020 г.
How do you name software releases?
- The first digit representing major milestones.
- The second digit represents incrementing the release (I generally release once a week so I increment the second digit).
- The third digit is used for patches, so if there is a bug in the code that is fixed outside of the normal release schedule I use the third digit.
How do I mark a release as released in Jira?
Releasing the version is just a matter of marking the version as released.
- Go to the project that your version is in, and then click Releases > your desired version.
- On the version page, click the Release button.
- The release dialog will be displayed.
- Enter the details for the release, then click the Release button.
How do I rename a fix in Jira?
On the Versions screen, hover over the relevant version to display the cog icon, then select Release from the drop-down menu. If there are any issues set with this version as their ‘Fix For’ version, Jira applications allow you to choose to change the ‘Fix For’ version if you wish.
What is difference between version and release?
Normally Release is more about the “action” to distribute the software to interested candidates, while “version” is an identifier of certain snapshot of the software (mostly a meaningful snapshot). Therefore, in most case, as we need to identify certain release of the application, we will have a version assigned.
What is build and release in Jira?
A release is created from a single build. If you have connected JIRA Software to Bamboo, you can automatically run a Bamboo build when you release a version. … So, primary purpose of the build option is to automatically run Bamboo build if Bamboo and JIRA are connected.
How do you release numbers?
Semantic versioning is a formal convention for specifying compatibility using a three-part version number: major version; minor version; and patch. The patch number is incremented for minor changes and bug fixes which do not change the software’s application programming interface (API).
What is a build number?
These Android builds are identified with a short build code, e.g. FRF85B. The first letter is the code name of the release family, e.g. F is Froyo. The second letter is a branch code that allows Google to identify the exact code branch that the build was made from, and R is by convention the primary release branch.2 мая 2014 г.
How do I manage release versions?
The simplest thing to do is start your initial development release at 0.1. 0 and then increment the minor version for each subsequent release.
How do I plan a release in Jira?
To create a project release:
- In the releases view of the plan, go to the project for which you want to create a release.
- Click Create release next to the project name. …
- Give the new release a name. …
- Add a description for the new release.
- For the start date, choose from one of the following options, and then set the date:
What is the difference between release and version in Jira?
In JIRA, versions are intended to indicate an actual version of your software (2.3. … However, depending on how your software is being delivered, you could also use releases in this field. For instance, our project has time-boxed releases where the content of the release is flexible but the release date is not.
Who should close the Jira if the change is already in a production release?
The “Toggled by” field in a Story is used to indicate.. Who should close the jira if the change is already in a production release? The Dev Manager, The person that opened it, the QA that verified it, PMO.
How do I create a new version of Jira?
Step 1: Create a version in Jira Software
- Navigate to your project.
- In the project menu, click on Releases.
- Select the Version name text box, enter a name, and click Add. Version names are typically numeric, for example, 1.0 or 2.1. You could also consider using an internal codename.
What is the latest version of JIRA software?
View all versions
- 8.7. 8.7.1. 09-Feb-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.6. 8.6.1. 08-Jan-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.5. 8.5. 9 (long term support)? 11-Oct-2020. …
- 8.4. 8.4.3. 07-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.3. 8.3.5. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.2. 8.2.6. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.1. 8.1.3. 15-Sep-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.0. 8.0.3. 09-Jul-2019. Release notes.
How do I edit Jira version?
You can manage versions in your project’s settings:
- Go to your project and click Project settings ( ).
- Choose Versions from the project settings sidebar.