The Jira Software and Jira Service Management applications have REST APIs for their application-specific features, like sprints (Jira Software) or customer requests (Jira Service Management). If you haven’t used the Jira REST APIs before, make sure you read the Atlassian REST API policy.
What is Jira API?
The Jira REST API enables you to interact with Jira programmatically. Use this API to build apps, script interactions with Jira, or develop any other type of integration. This page documents the REST resources available in Jira Cloud, including the HTTP response codes and example requests and responses.
HOW DO I GET REST API in Jira?
Because the REST API is based on open standards, you can use any web development language to access the API. If you are using Java, however, the easiest way to get started using the JIRA REST API is to download with the JIRA REST Java Client (JRJC) and use it as a library within your own application.
How do I find my Jira API URL?
For a correctly configured Jira, you should find it’s https://jira.inside-company.net – you can see it from the “browse” line if nothing else.
What is JQL in Jira?
JQL stands for Jira Query Language and is the most powerful and flexible way to search for your issues in Jira. JQL is for everyone: developers, testers, agile project managers, and business users.
How does REST API work?
REST determines how the API looks like. It stands for “Representational State Transfer”. It is a set of rules that developers follow when they create their API. One of these rules states that you should be able to get a piece of data (called a resource) when you link to a specific URL.
How do I find the issue ID in Jira API?
- Go to Issues>Search for issues.
- Click and open the Issue that you wanted to view the issue id.
- Mouse-over the Edit button and you can view the issue id at the bottom of browser as shown below: For this example the issue id is 10000.
13 мая 2016 г.
What is REST API access?
A RESTful API is an architectural style for an application program interface (API) that uses HTTP requests to access and use data. … REST technology is generally preferred over other similar technologies. This tends to be the case because REST uses less bandwidth, making it more suitable for efficient internet usage.
How do I use JQL in Jira?
JQL stands for JIRA Query Language (not to be confused with Java Query Language).
Search JIRA like a boss with JQL
- Click Issues > Search for issue.
- Click Edit (If you have a search in progress)
- Click Advanced Searching.
How do I change the base URL in Jira?
The base URL must be set to the same URL by which browsers will be viewing your Jira instance.
To configure the Base URL:
- Choose Administration ( ) > System.
- Choose General Configuration in the left-hand panel.
- Choose Edit Settings.
- Enter the new URL in the Base URL text box.
- Choose Save.
29 мая 2018 г.
How do I check if a REST API is enabled in Jira?
Check your Jira installation to see if REST is actually enabled first, as that’s easy – look for “allow remote api calls” under administration -> General configuration.
How do I get data from Jira?
Below are the steps I used in detail:
- Login to jira.mycompany.com.
- Selected Export dropdown menu.
- Right-clicked on the CSV (Current fields) option and select Inspect.
- Open Excel Workbook.
- Select the Data tab.
- Select Get Data -> From Web.
- Pasted the CSV URL in the Web Address box (Basic selected), clicked OK.
How do I create a role in Jira?
Adding a project role
- Choose > System.
- Under SECURITY, select Project roles. The Project Role Browser displays, which contains a list of all the project roles in your Jira site.
- Under Add Project Role at the bottom of the page, enter your desired role’s name and a description.
- Click the Add Project Role button.
How do I count the number of issues in Jira?
There is no REST resource that returns ONLY the count, but you can use /rest/api/2/search? jql=YOUR_JQL_QUERY and then look at the result object. It will contain an attribute “total” which is the count you want.