Go to the “Add Watchers” popup and click the number of watchers. This opens a dropdown. There you simply start typing the name of the watcher you’d like to add to this Jira issue. Select the watcher to add.
What is a watcher in Jira?
A Watcher is someone that will be given permissions for the Jira project. This generally isn’t a customer since they wouldn’t have access to your Jira system but only the Service Desk portal. A Requested Participant is someone being given permissions for the Jira Service Desk portal.
How do I create a bug ticket in Jira?
To create a JIRA ticket:
- In JIRA, click on Create Issue.
- Select the project Support Nuxeo Connect.
- Fill in the description as precisely as possible. Depending on the type of your issue, provide the appropriate items in the following list: steps to reproduce the issue. logs. screenshots. …
- Click on the Create button.
How do I set a default watcher in Jira?
A simple way to do this is to create a role such as Project Watcher and assign people to it that you want to watch EVERY issue. Then update the notification scheme and add that role wherever you have Watcher. The project lead can add/delete people from the role as needed.
How do I add multiple watchers in Jira?
You can add multiple watchers on either the new or classic issue view – for each:
- Classic View: Click the number next to Watchers and add more users.
- New View: Select the eyeball in the upper-right corner and choose add watchers.
How do I automatically add watchers in Jira?
Open Jira Administration>Issues>Notification Schemes, find the scheme for the desired project and click on notifications. Add the desired users, roles, or groups to the notification for Issue Created.
How do I use people in Jira?
To mention someone using autocomplete, type ‘@’ in the editor then start typing their name. Choose the person you want to mention from the list of suggestions. Confluence will suggest people you’ve mentioned previously (after yourself, of course). It then continues to suggest matches as you type.
Is Jira a bug tracking tool?
Whether you’re using Bitbucket or your own source code management tool, Jira Software’s deep integration with your DVCS system ensures that bugs are resolved as quickly as possible, while keeping everyone on your team on the same page the entire time. Learn more about Jira Software and Bitbucket.
How do I resolve a bug in Jira?
Resolution Set Using a Screen
- Locate your Workflow: > Issues > Workflows.
- Click Edit under Actions for your workflow.
- Select your the Done transition and Click Edit.
- Select the Resolve Issue Screen for the Screen field. By Default, JIRA comes with a ‘Resolve Issue Screen’
How do I link a task to a bug in Jira?
If you want to modify an existing defect to be associated with a story, you must “Convert to sub-task” found in the More menu. This will prompt you to associate it with a parent story and select a sub-task type. In our case we have a sub-task type called Story Defect.