Check the Modify Reporter permission on your permission scheme. Navigate to the Screen Scheme for the project in question, and open the Screen used for the Edit operation. If there is only one operation (Default), then open that one. The screen needs to have the Reporter field listed on one of the tabs.
How do I change the Reporter field in Jira?
If you want to change the Jira issue/ticket reporter then search for issues using issue Filters and Navigation and then at the top right corner you will find the Bulk change option, and choose the Edit operation and then change the Reporter.
How do I make a field editable in Jira?
How to edit a field description
- Select > Issues.
- In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
- Click Configure next to the field configuration you wish to edit.
- Click Edit next to the field you want to update.
- Enter a new description and click Update.
How do I add a reporter in Jira?
You should be able to do this from Administration > Screens. Go to the screen and add the Reporter field from the list below. Also note that you should have permissions to modify the Reporter – under project permissions!
How do I restrict custom fields in Jira?
Can we restrict access for a custom field in JIRA to certain user/group?
- remove the field from the create and edit screen, leave it on the view-screen. …
- create workflow transitions on every status “set severity1”. …
- set the field with a postfunction to “1” within this transition.
How do I change the default reporter in Jira?
1 answer. @Ashma_Shriyan To be able to change the reporter on the ticket the first thing that you will need is to have permission configured for the JSD project. Check for a permission called “Modify Reporter” and grant access to users who should have access to change the reporter.
What is a Jira reporter?
The reporter is the person raising the request. The one it belongs to in terms of “who wants something done” (This is usually the same as the person creating the issue, but not always – you can create issues on behalf of someone else. Later versions of JIRA have a “creator” field for “person doing the data entry)
How do I make a custom field read only in Jira?
Ok, there’s a long-standing answer to this one (since JIRA 2).
- Install the (well supported and free) JIRA Toolkit add-on.
- Add a new custom field of type “message field for edit”
- Place it on the “create issue” screen (and others if needed)
- Set the default value to your text.
How do I create a permission scheme in Jira?
Adding users, groups, or roles to a permission scheme
- Choose Administration ( ) > Issues.
- Select Permission Schemes to open the Permission Schemes page, which displays a list of all permission schemes in your Jira system and the projects that use each scheme.