JIRA ships with a built-in database (H2). While this database is suitable for evaluation purposes, we strongly recommend that you configure JIRA to use an external database.
Does Jira use SQL?
The JIRA database is built for data storage, not reporting or querying. As an example, take a simple custom field – the SQL for answering “What components are on ABC-123” involves joining at least six tables together. … JQL: The Most Flexible Way to Search JIRA (1/4)
How do I create a database in Jira?
Jira configuration tool
- Run the Jira configuration tool as follows: Windows: Open a command prompt and run config. …
- Navigate to the Database tab and set Database type to MySQL.
- Fill out the fields, as described in the Database connection fields section below.
- Test your connection and save.
- Restart Jira.
What database does confluence use?
embedded H2 database
Where is Jira database configuration?
Locate the dbconfig. xml file at the root of your JIRA home directory, the default locations are: C:Program FilesAtlassianApplication DataJIRA (on Windows) or. /var/atlassian/application-data/jira (on Linux)
How do I run a query in Jira?
- Choose Filters in the navigation bar.
- Select Advanced issue search. If basic search is shown instead of advanced search, click Advanced (next to the icon). …
- Enter your JQL query. As you type, Jira will offer a list of “auto-complete” suggestions based on the context of your query. …
- Press Enter or click to run your query.
What is the Fixversion in Jira?
Although it can be useful for tracking problems, it isn’t used very often in Jira. Fix version is the version where you plan on releasing a feature or bugfix to customers. This field is used for release planning, monitoring progress and velocity, and is used widely in reporting. This is most likely the field you want.
Is Jira a relational database?
Jira requires a relational database to store its issue data. If you are setting up a completely new Jira installation, the Jira setup wizard will configure a database connection for you to either Jira’s internal H2 or an external database.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
How do you set up a database?
Create a blank database
- On the File tab, click New, and then click Blank Database.
- Type a file name in the File Name box. …
- Click Create. …
- Begin typing to add data, or you can paste data from another source, as described in the section Copy data from another source into an Access table.
How do I change database in Confluence?
When running the Confluence setup wizard:
- Enter your license key, as usual.
- Choose Production Installation as the installation type.
- Choose My own database then select your particular database from the Database type dropdown menu.
- When prompted to choose My own database, then select your new Database type.
What is Confluence platform?
Confluence is a web-based corporate wiki (collaboration software) developed by Australian software company Atlassian. … Confluence Standalone comes with a built-in Tomcat web server and hsql database, and also supports other databases.
How do I install confluence?
Let’s start with grabbing the installer.
- Download the installer. Head to www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download and download the installer for your operating system.
- Install Confluence. The installer allows you to choose Express or Custom installations. …
- Set up Confluence.
How do I find my home in Jira?
If Jira was installed using the automated Windows or Linux installers, the default location of the Jira home directory is:
- C:Program FilesAtlassianApplication DataJIRA (on Windows) or.
- /var/atlassian/application-data/JIRA (on Linux)
What is issue type in Jira?
An issue type scheme determines which issue types will be available to a project or set of projects. It also manages specifying the order in which the issue types will present in the user interface of JIRA, while creating an Issue. An issue type scheme generates as soon as the project is added in the JIRA.
How do I view Jira logs?
How to access JIRA Server Logs
- Go to the directory where you have installed JIRA on your server. …
- For UNIX server : If the directory name is JIRA. …
- For Windows server : You can access logs from C:Program FilesAtlassianJIRAlogscatalina<Date>.log and C:Program FilesAtlassianApplication DataJIRAlogatlassian-jira.log.