With Jira Software, yes. Backlogs belong to boards, and you can define multiple boards. So two boards gives you two backlogs.
How do I create a 2nd backlog in Jira?
Apply the first label to issues you want in the “First backlog” and the second to issues you want to the “Second backlog” Now browse to the “Quick Filters” of the board inside the “Configure” board button. Create one quick filter for each label, such as “label = backlog1” and another quick filter “label = backlog2”
Can you create multiple sprints in Jira?
The Parallel sprints feature lets you enable multiple active sprints that are running in parallel with each other. For example, if you have two teams working from the same backlog, each team can now work on their own active sprint simultaneously.
Can you export backlog from Jira?
You can use Shift + Left click on the first issue followed by Left click on the last issue in the backlog-screen and than right click to export to Excel or other possibillities.
Can a Jira project have multiple boards?
You can use a board that someone else has created, or create your own—you can create as many boards as you like. A project can have multiple boards, and a combination of Scrum, Kanban, and agility boards. Boards can display up to 5000 issues at a time.
What are backlogs in Jira?
A backlog is simply a list of features, which could be for your product, service, project, etc. These features are not detailed specifications. Rather, they are usually described in form of user stories, which are short summaries of the functionality from a particular user’s perspective.
How do I prioritize a backlog in Jira?
6 Tips to Prioritize Your Product Backlog
- Arrange the top items on your product backlog to represent your next sprint. …
- Don’t include any task lower than second-level priority on the backlog. …
- Create a separate list for all of those lower-priority (or longer-term) ideas and requests.
How do I plan sprints in Jira?
To start a sprint
- Go to the Backlog of your Scrum project.
- Find the sprint that you want to start and click Start Sprint.
- Update the Sprint name and add a Sprint goal if you want to, and select the Start date and End date for the sprint.
Can we create sprint in Kanban board?
Sprints are part of the Scrum process. Kanban methodology doesn’t use Sprints or any sort of iterative process. In a similar vein, in JIRA Software there is no way to plan Sprints on a Kanban board. However, you can point a Kanban board to a query such as sprint = “It’s over 9003” or sprint = activeSprint() .
How do I manage multiple boards in Jira?
- From the project backlog;
- Create new board – Click on the Board drop down and select ‘+ Create Board’
- JIRA will display the Create a Board window.
- Click the Create a Scrum Board button.
- JIRA will display 2 radio button options.
- Select radio button – Create Board from an existing project and click NEXT.
Can I export Jira to excel?
Starting with Jira 7.2, Atlassian discontinued native exports to Excel. The reason behind that decision was a Microsoft Office security update that prevented users with high-security settings from opening such files. Until Jira 7.2 was released, users could request an Excel export directly in Jira. … xls file.
How do I export a story in Jira?
For exporting issues you can export to .csv by following these steps:
- Go to the board or project you wish to export.
- On the left side, click on Issues.
- On the top right of your screen, click on “View all issues and filters”
- On the top right of your screen, click on the “Export” drop down.
How do I import an Excel file into Jira?
Log in to Jira as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission. Select Administration > System > Import & Export > External System Import. Select CSV to open the CSV File import page. On the CSV File import page, select your CSV Source File.
What is difference between Kanban and Scrum?
Kanban teams focus on reducing the time it takes to take a project(or user story) from start to finish. They do this by using a kanban board and continuously improving their flow of work. Scrum teams commit to ship working software through set intervals called sprints.
How do I manage projects in jira?
How to Use Jira for Project Management
- In Jira, under Projects, click Create Project.
- Select the type of project you want. …
- Jira displays the default workflow and issues available with the selection. …
- Type a name for the project.
What are projects in jira?
A Jira project is a collection of issues. Your team could use a Jira project to coordinate the development of a product, track a project, manage a help desk, and more, depending on your requirements. A Jira project can also be configured and customized to suit the needs of you and your team.