How do I create an event in Jira?
Log in as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission. Choose Administration ( ) > System. Select Advanced > Events to open the View Events page. In the Add New Event form at the bottom of the page, add a name and description for the custom event.
How do I create a custom view in Jira?
Define and customize views for your interactive JIRA Dashboard
- Open the configuration page of your rich filter.
- Once you are on the rich filter configuration page, click on the Views link on the left of your screen.
- Add a new view called Requester.
- In the view you have just created, add the columns: Issue Type, Key, Priority, Summary, Reporter, Status.
How do I create a custom workflow in Jira?
How to Create a New Workflow in Jira
- Open Jira.
- Click Issues, and then click Workflows.
- To create a new workflow, click the Add workflow button.
- Type in a name and add a workflow description. The new workflow opens and is ready to edit.
How do I make a custom field mandatory in Jira?
Making a field required or optional
- To make a field mandatory when used through Jira’s user interface, click the Required link associated with that field. The text Required appears next to the field’s name. …
- To make a field optional, click the Optional link associated with that field.
What is generic event in Jira?
Use the ‘Fire an event that can be processed by the listeners’ post function to fire the ‘Generic Event’, which is a built-in JIRA Service Desk event that can be used to trigger the sending of email notifications after a particular transition is executed.
What are issue types in Jira?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
How do I change the view in Jira?
You can change the default global view settings if you are a Jira administrator – open the Administration | Structure | Defaults tab and click Change in the Default View Settings section.
How do I see all issues in Jira?
Open the project issue navigator
- Choose Projects and select a starred or recent project, or choose View all projects and select a project.
- From your project’s sidebar, select Issues and filters.
- Select an issue filter, like All issues to view all issues in the project.
- Select an issue from the list to open it.
How do I add a field to a screen in Jira?
Adding, removing, or moving a field
- Click the Jira icon > Projects > then select the relevant project.
- Choose Settings > Screens.
- Click the > to expand the relevant screen scheme.
- Select the View issue screen.
- Add or remove the desired fields.
Can we create dashboard in Jira?
Create a dashboard
You can create and customize your own dashboard to display the information you need. Only Jira admins can customize the system dashboard. Choose Dashboards > Create dashboard. Name your dashboard and add a description so your team knows when to use it.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
What are the three types of reports in Jira?
We can generate following reports in JIRA:
- 1) Average Age Report: It shows that how many issues are pending or unsolved. …
- 2) Issue Created vs. Resolved Issues Report: …
- 3) Pie chart Report: …
- 4) Project Pivot Report: …
- 5) Recently Created issue Report:
Where can you make a custom field required?
Click on the gear icon then Setup > Object Manager. Choose the object > Fields & Relationships. Select the custom field that you will make required. Click on Edit and under General Options select Required.
How do I edit a field value in Jira?
Configure a custom field
- Select > Issues.
- Under FIELDS, click Custom fields.
- Find the custom field you want to configure, click > Contexts and default value. …
- In the configuration scheme section, select Edit Default Value.
- Enter a default value (e.g. for a custom Story Points field, set the value to 4) and click Set Default.
How do you set fields in Jira?
Certain fields are locked to prevent changes that will affect the core functionality of your Jira applications.
- Select > Issues.
- In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
- Click Configure next to the field configuration you wish to edit.
- Click Edit next to the field you want to update.