To create a new structure, select Structure | Create Structure in the top menu or click the Create Structure button on the Manage Structures page. You have the option of using one of our template wizards to streamline the creation of your new structure, or starting with an empty structure.
How do I structure in Jira?
Structure for Jira Core Features
- Insert issues into the hierarchy (from an Agile board, a JQL query, or another structure).
- Extend the structure by adding child issues. …
- Group the issues by almost any Jira field or link.
- Filter out issues using specific criteria.
How do I enable a structure in Jira?
Structure can be enabled for any selection of Jira projects, or for none of them.
To select which projects are enabled for Structure:
- Navigate to Administration | Structure | Configuration.
- Click Enable/Disable Structure in Projects.
- Select whether Structure should be available for all projects or for selected projects.
What is Jira structure board?
Structure is an essential Jira app for efficient teamwork and flexible issue organization. … The Structure Board supports two panels and different layouts that let you view item details, search results or another structure in the second panel.
How do you edit a structure in Jira?
Editing Structure Details
- Open the Structure menu and select Manage Structures.
- Locate the structure you need to change and click the Configure link in the Operations column.
What are issue types in Jira?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
What are Jira components?
JIRA components are sub-sections of a project. They are used to group issues within a project into smaller parts.
How do I change the view in Jira?
- Go to your JIRA Project window.
- On the left side there is a menu with ‘Releases’, ‘Reports’, ‘Issues’, etc. …
- The view that displays has a list of issues on the left and shows a single issue on the right. …
- In the upper right, click on “View All Issues and Filters” link.
How do I change the view of a board in Jira?
If you need to see both the selected issue and the rest of your scrum or kanban board, you can choose to open the new Jira issue view as a right sidebar. To do it, go to a board and choose > Open issues in sidebar.
How do I change the issue view in Jira?
Adding, removing, or moving a field
- Click the Jira icon > Projects > then select the relevant project.
- Choose Settings > Screens.
- Click the > to expand the relevant screen scheme.
- Select the View issue screen.
- Add or remove the desired fields.
How do I visualize dependencies in Jira?
How to Create and Delete Dependencies in Jira?
- Click Edit View Configuration on the top right-hand side of the view configuration screen.
- Select an issue link from the Hierarchy Link and Dependency Link drop-down menu.
- Click Update.
What is an initiative Jira?
Think of them as higher-level business priorities or big projects potentially spanning multiple teams. So in Jira Portfolio, you can combine the work from multiple agile teams and roll them up into larger initiatives.
How do I save a structure in Jira?
To do so, open the Views menu and click the Save link. You can also select Save As to create a new view with the current changes, without affecting the original view. To save changes to an existing view, you need to have Update access level for that view (see View Sharing and Permissions).
How do I remove someone from a jira board?
To delete a user:
- Select Administration ( ) > User Management and find the user in the user list.
- Click the Delete link in the Operations column. …
- Take any actions required to disassociate the user with Jira.
How do I create a private project in Jira?
Hi Derek, you can make a project private by limiting it’s users & roles. If you’re a JIRA admin, you can access these settings by clicking on the gear icon in the top-right, then selecting ‘Projects’.