One of the key features of Structure for Jira is the ability to arrange Jira issues in unlimited hierarchies. With Structure, you can assemble Jira issues any way you’d like, using as much (or as little) hierarchy as you need, on a spreadsheet-like canvas. These canvases are called ‘structures. ‘
What are structures in Jira?
Structure lets you create and manage hierarchical lists, called structures. A structure may contain Jira issues, folders and other types of items. The hierarchy depth is not limited, and you can bring together issues and other information from multiple projects across company’s portfolio.
What is the purpose of Jira tool?
Jira Software is part of a family of products designed to help teams of all types manage work. Originally, Jira was designed as a bug and issue tracker. But today, Jira has evolved into a powerful work management tool for all kinds of use cases, from requirements and test case management to agile software development.
How do I enable a structure in Jira?
Structure can be enabled for any selection of Jira projects, or for none of them.
To select which projects are enabled for Structure:
- Navigate to Administration | Structure | Configuration.
- Click Enable/Disable Structure in Projects.
- Select whether Structure should be available for all projects or for selected projects.
Why is Jira used in agile?
Jira Software is an agile project management tool that supports any agile methodology, be it scrum, kanban, or your own unique flavor. From agile boards to reports, you can plan, track, and manage all your agile software development projects from a single tool.
What are issue types in Jira?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
What are projects in jira?
A Jira project is a collection of issues. Your team could use a Jira project to coordinate the development of a product, track a project, manage a help desk, and more, depending on your requirements. A Jira project can also be configured and customized to suit the needs of you and your team.
Why is jira so popular?
Jira software is popular in the agile world due to its well-managed workflow mapping and issue tracking ability. To support agile development cycle it has Scrum and Kanban boards along with various reports.
What are the features of JIRA?
Overview of Jira Features
- Customizable workflows.
- Unlimited custom fields.
- Bugs and defect management.
- Seamless source and issue integration.
- Search and filtering.
- Advanced reporting.
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards.
- Advanced security and administration.
What is Jira tool and how it works?
JIRA is a bug-tracking tool mainly used to track, organize, and prioritize the bugs, newly added features, improvements for certain software releases. Projects are subdivided into issues and issues can be of multiple types such as bug, new feature, improvement, and documentation tasks.
How do I use structures in Jira?
Structure for Jira Core Features
- Insert issues into the hierarchy (from an Agile board, a JQL query, or another structure).
- Extend the structure by adding child issues. …
- Group the issues by almost any Jira field or link.
- Filter out issues using specific criteria.
How do I change the view in Jira?
- Go to your JIRA Project window.
- On the left side there is a menu with ‘Releases’, ‘Reports’, ‘Issues’, etc. …
- The view that displays has a list of issues on the left and shows a single issue on the right. …
- In the upper right, click on “View All Issues and Filters” link.
How do you edit a structure in Jira?
Editing Structure Details
- Open the Structure menu and select Manage Structures.
- Locate the structure you need to change and click the Configure link in the Operations column.
Can you write test cases in Jira?
While JIRA wasn’t designed to serve as a Test Case Management, it can be configured to support test case management in a couple of different ways. The JIRA platform is, at its core, our workflow engine that allows you to track issues or tasks through a predefined, highly customizable workflow.21 мая 2020 г.
What is Sprint in Jira?
Jira Sprints Tutorial
Summary: A sprint is a fixed time period in a continuous development cycle where teams complete work from their product backlog. At the end of the sprint, a team will typically have built and implemented a working product increment. … You are new to agile software development or Jira Software.
What is Scrum in Jira?
The Scrum framework enables software teams to manage complex projects by creating a culture of collaboration. The Jira Scrum Board is the tool that unites teams around a single goal and promotes iterative, incremental delivery. Get it free.