JIRA is a tool developed by Australian Company Atlassian. This software is used for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management. The name “JIRA” is actually inherited from the Japanese word “Gojira” which means “Godzilla”.
What is the purpose of Jira?
Jira Software is part of a family of products designed to help teams of all types manage work. Originally, Jira was designed as a bug and issue tracker. But today, Jira has evolved into a powerful work management tool for all kinds of use cases, from requirements and test case management to agile software development.
What is Jira and how does it work?
JIRA basics: an overview
JIRA is a centralized, highly customizable project management system. All projects are logged into a central database and each one goes through a number of workflows (processes). Workflows control the status of the project as well as the rules by which it transitions to other statuses.16 мая 2019 г.
How do I get started with Jira?
Getting started with Jira tutorial: 6 basic steps
- Step 1 – Create a project. In the top-left corner, click the Jira home icon ( , , , ). …
- Step 2 – Pick a template. …
- Step 3 – Set up your columns. …
- Step 4 – Create an issue. …
- Step 5 – Invite your team. …
- Step 6 – Move work forward.
What are the characteristics of Jira?
Overview of Jira Features
- Customizable workflows.
- Unlimited custom fields.
- Bugs and defect management.
- Seamless source and issue integration.
- Search and filtering.
- Advanced reporting.
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards.
- Advanced security and administration.
Why is jira so popular?
Jira software is popular in the agile world due to its well-managed workflow mapping and issue tracking ability. To support agile development cycle it has Scrum and Kanban boards along with various reports.
What is the best way to use Jira?
So without further ado, here are my 10 tricks to 10x your productivity in Jira.
- Use Filter Subscriptions as Reminders. …
- Create a Browser Search Engine. …
- Use Your Bookmarks Bar. …
- Use Keyboard Shortcuts. …
- Optimize Profile Settings. …
- Add Project and Navigation Links. …
- Connect to other Apps. …
- Get Read Only Database Access.
How do I get Jira for free?
You can host a fully functional copy of Jira Software on your own hardware for 30 days for free. Simply download Jira Software to get started. If you love it (and we think you will), you can continue using Jira Software by simply updating your existing instance with a purchased license key.
How do I manage requirements in Jira?
How to Manage Requirements in Jira
- Create a Jira Issue Type For Requirements. This will be your requirements document. …
- Use Sub-Tasks to Add and Manage Requirements. This is how you’ll add and modify requirements throughout development.
- Link Jira Issues. Jira allows you to link issues. …
- Mark Requirements as Done.
Who uses Jira?
Jira Software launched in 2002 as an issue tracking and project management tool for teams. Since then, over 65,000 companies globally have adopted Jira for its flexibility to support any type of project and extensibility to work with thousands of apps and integrations.
How do I manage projects in jira?
How to Use Jira for Project Management
- In Jira, under Projects, click Create Project.
- Select the type of project you want. …
- Jira displays the default workflow and issues available with the selection. …
- Type a name for the project.
Can you write test cases in Jira?
While JIRA wasn’t designed to serve as a Test Case Management, it can be configured to support test case management in a couple of different ways. The JIRA platform is, at its core, our workflow engine that allows you to track issues or tasks through a predefined, highly customizable workflow.21 мая 2020 г.
What is a story in Jira?
Stories, also called “user stories,” are short requirements or requests written from the perspective of an end user. Epics are large bodies of work that can be broken down into a number of smaller tasks (called stories).
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
How do I view features in Jira?
Go to System-Setting (the cog-item in the upper right, next to your profile) and choose issues. Then you should already see the issue types configured in your system and you can add the Feature there. Afterwards, just select Issue Type Scheme and select the scheme you are using.
What are components used for in Jira?
Components are subsections of a project. They are used to group issues within a project into smaller parts. You can set a default assignee for a component. This will override the project’s default assignee, for issues in that component.