A locked field is simply a field that you can’t configure, because it’s used in plugins for instance and needs to stay as is. But that doesn’t necessarily means that it can’t be added to a screen. For instance, Sprint is a locked field, and you can have in in screens to add values manually.
How do I unlock my Jira account?
if you are then you need to go to the Admin button > User management > search for user in the Filter users search box then under actions click Edit and then click Active check box then update. But not you also need to add user back to Jira_users group for example in other to be able to access JIRA.
What are the fields in Jira?
Fields: fields track attributes surrounding each issue type. Bugs usually have fields like summary, description, fix version, and component to describe the area of software where the bug surfaces.
How do I enable fields in Jira?
The new issue view (currently for Jira Core boards and Jira Software boards and backlogs), uses the View issue screen configuration to determine which fields to show.
To do so:
- Select > Issues.
- In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
- Click Edit or Delete next to the field configuration you wish to update.
How do I make fields mandatory in Jira screen?
You can use the JIRA Suite Utilities add-on (field required validator) and set a field required only when executing a given transition.
What is a status in Jira?
A Status used for Jira Issues are the stages a particular issue, or issues, are currently at in their lifecycle – the workflow. We use Status in the Issue workflow to allow for numerous different meanings. The typical Statuses that are in a Project Management project are: To Do, In Progress and Done.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
How do I create a custom field?
- Choose Administration ( ) > Issues.
- Select Fields > Custom fields.
- Select Add custom field.
- In Select a Field Type, select All to make sure you can see all available field types.
- Select a field type and click Next.
- Configure the selection criteria for your field, as shown in the example for the Checkboxes field below:
How do I create a custom field in Jira?
Select > Issues. Under FIELDS, click Custom fields. Find the custom field you want to configure, click > Contexts and default value. Alternatively, you can click a field’s screens or contexts link and then click Contexts > Create, edit or delete contexts.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.