By archiving an issue, you can hide it in Jira, but preserve the data it contains in case you need it later. It’s good practice to archive Done or Resolved issues, or those whose resolution due date has passed, so that they don’t clutter your Jira instance. … This feature is available for Data Center only.
Can you archive a Jira project?
Go to Administration ( ) > Projects. Find the project you want to archive, and select Actions ( ) > Archive. The project will be immediately hidden from view and moved to the Archived projects page. Re-index Jira to remove the project’s data from the index.
How do I unarchive a project in Jira?
You can restore archived projects, but you can’t archive any new projects. Currently, we don’t support archiving Jira Service Management projects.
To restore a project:
- Choose > Projects.
- Select Archive from the sidebar.
- Find your project and select ••• > Restore.
How do you close a board in Jira?
- Select Boards from the top menu.
- Click View All Boards.
- Click on the “…” at the right of the board you want to delete.
- I see Board Settings, Move, Copy, Delete.
What is the purpose of Jira tool?
Jira Software is part of a family of products designed to help teams of all types manage work. Originally, Jira was designed as a bug and issue tracker. But today, Jira has evolved into a powerful work management tool for all kinds of use cases, from requirements and test case management to agile software development.
How do I archive stories in Jira?
You either need to be a Jira admin or a delegated admin to make a bulk change.
- Open Issues.
- Select the issues you want to view.
- Open the Tools drop-down and select the number of issues you want to perform the change on. …
- Select the issues you want to archive and click Next. …
- Select Archive issues.
How do I hide a project in Jira?
According to Jira “‘Hiding’ a project
- Create a new permission scheme. Leave all of the permissions empty.
- Associate the new permission scheme with the project that you wish to hide (see Assigning a Permission Scheme to a Project ).”
Is Jira cloud free?
If all of your other Jira Cloud products are on the Free plan, you’ll get the features of Jira Core Free. If you have any Jira Cloud product on Standard, Premium, or Enterprise you’ll get the features of Jira Core Standard (there’s no Jira Core Premium or Enterprise).
How do I archive a project in Jira cloud?
The recommended way to archive projects is:
- Create a permissions scheme called “Archived” or the title you wish.
- Remove all permissions in the scheme but those that you want to keep having access ie. Jira admins. …
- Apply the schema to the projects you want to archive.
How do I export a project from Jira cloud?
- Go to the Jira Admin.
- On the left side, click on Issues and filters.
- On the top left of your screen, click on “Search issues”
- Chose your project, type,status.
- On the top right of your screen, click on the “Export” drop down.
- You can export via XML,CSV,RSS,WORK,…
How do epics work in Jira?
An epic is a large body of work that can be broken down into a number of smaller stories, or sometimes called “Issues” in Jira. Epics often encompass multiple teams, on multiple projects, and can even be tracked on multiple boards. Epics are almost always delivered over a set of sprints.
What is difference between Kanban and Scrum?
Basically, Kanban can be applied to visualize and improve the flow of work, regardless of the methodology being used to do the work. Scrum is an iterative, incremental work method that provides a highly prescriptive way in which work gets completed. Scrum teams have defined processes, roles, ceremonies and artifacts.
What are boards in Jira?
A board displays issues from one or more projects, giving you a flexible way of viewing, managing, and reporting on work in progress. There are three types of boards in Jira Software: Next-gen board: For teams who are new to agile.
Why is jira so popular?
Jira software is popular in the agile world due to its well-managed workflow mapping and issue tracking ability. To support agile development cycle it has Scrum and Kanban boards along with various reports.
Can you write test cases in Jira?
While JIRA wasn’t designed to serve as a Test Case Management, it can be configured to support test case management in a couple of different ways. The JIRA platform is, at its core, our workflow engine that allows you to track issues or tasks through a predefined, highly customizable workflow.21 мая 2020 г.
Is Jira a ticketing tool?
Jira Core and Jira Software, considered premiere IT ticketing tools for Agile development teams, offer features to help you complete and release a range of deliverables. … Jira’s mobile-capable programs can scale to match the size of your team and your project, with customizable fields, boards, and more.