Confluence is a team workspace where knowledge and collaboration meet. Dynamic pages give your team a place to create, capture, and collaborate on any project or idea.
What is a page in Confluence?
In Confluence, you create with pages. … That means it’s accessible (if you want it to be) to the people who are in your Confluence site. You no longer have to create a document in one place and share it in another.
Is confluence included in Jira?
76% of Jira Software customers said they shipped projects faster after adding Confluence. Learn how you can use Jira and Confluence to manage agile projects with organized workflows, task tracking, and integrated documentation management.
What is the difference between Jira and Confluence?
While Jira is great at helping your team plan and track all the work that goes into your software, Confluence gives you a single place to organize all of this additional content that’s created along the way. Confluence eliminates the need to store documentation in multiple places like shared drives or file folders.
How do I create a Confluence page in Jira?
Create a page
- Navigate to your next-gen software project.
- In the project menu, select Pages.
- Select one of the templates if you want help getting started, or select Blank page to create a page from scratch. Whichever option you select, you’ll be taken to Confluence to create your page.
Why do we use confluence?
Dynamic pages give your team a place to create, capture, and collaborate on any project or idea. Spaces help your team structure, organize, and share work, so every team member has visibility into institutional knowledge and access to the information they need to do their best work.
How do I use Confluence in Jira?
Here’s how it works:
- Create a Confluence page using the Product Requirements Blueprint.
- Choose the placeholder text ‘Link to Jira epic or feature’ and choose Create new issue to create your epic in Jira.
- Collaborate with your team to define your stories and save the page.
What is the purpose of confluence?
Confluence is a collaboration wiki tool used to help teams to collaborate and share knowledge efficiently. With confluence, we can capture project requirements, assign tasks to specific users, and manage several calendars at once with the help of Team Calendars add-on.
Is confluence better than SharePoint?
Probably the biggest difference between SharePoint vs. Confluence is that SharePoint offers advanced customization options. SharePoint also comes with a robust data warehouse, so document storage is pretty hefty. Finally, SharePoint has tons more add-ons than Confluence, although we know Atlassian is working on this.
Who uses Confluence?
Who uses Atlassian Confluence?CompanyWebsiteCountryHo-Chunk, Inc.hochunkinc.comUnited StatesInternet Brands, Inc.internetbrands.comUnited StatesWillis Towers Watsonwillistowerswatson.comUnited KingdomSASsas.comUnited StatesЕщё 1 строка
Is confluence a project management tool?
From software development to big marketing campaigns, or even company events, project management in Confluence helps you get any project off the ground, stay in touch with the rest of your team, and make sure everyone is moving in the same direction. …
How do I write in Confluence?
To determine the layout of your Confluence page:
- Press the “Page layout” button on the toolbar.
- Press “Add section” to create new grids in which to display and move around your content.
- Add your existing content to these new grids by copying and pasting.
- Determine the configuration and number of columns desired.
How do I add a table of contents in Confluence?
Click on Insert in the editor menu bar. Select Wiki Markup and add markup like the following in the Wiki Markup window. Click on Insert and Save the page to see the table of contents on the page.
- Quick Reference Guide for the Confluence Editor.
- Confluence Wiki Markup.
- Confluence User’s Guide.